Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder if I could trouble some of you that have done this to give me a rundown on what tools are needed to remove the tag bracket and light, leaving only the tail light. If it has been posted, I cannot find it.

Many thanks,

Mike

·
Premium Member
1,688 Posts
I used a hacksaw, sharp pocket knife and a little patience. I still need to take rough edges off with a file, but I seem to have misplaced it :confused: . I am sure this may not be the correct way but hey, as Forest Gump said "I am not a smart man" :rolleyes: , just had to do something :D . View attachment 455

·
Registered
829 Posts
I am doing this also.

I am doing this also, but I am going to remove all the plastic back there not just what the license plate is on. Mine will look like Predators when I get done I hope. I would think all the plastic would snap off with little cutting needed, but I would love feedback from those that have removed all the plastic and even the tail light on any challenges they ran into.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds like FURY-S1 has it right... got an email from Bill at Metric Fats after an inquiry and he said the same thing; utility knife, hacksaw, finish with file.

Justed wanted some others opinions before I start tearing up a brand new bike :rolleyes::)

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I'm going to use a Dremel with a cut off wheel. Then a little file work is all that will be needed.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm going to use a Dremel with a cut off wheel. Then a little file work is all that will be needed.
I used a cut off wheel. cuts through the plastic fine and then through the metal. It took me about a hour to do mine. I still have some small things to clean up but thats about it.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Predator, what do you use?

Predator, yours looks very clean. What did you (or Accutronix) do to get all that plastic off and have it look so clean?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I used a sawsall and a file. Took about 2 minutes. Best mod i've done yet. Back of the bike looks 100 times better.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I used a sawsall and a file. Took about 2 minutes. Best mod i've done yet. Back of the bike looks 100 times better.
Just make sure you cut it from the tire side towards the rear. One slip of the blade would definitely cost you your tire.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Search "*******"

If you search the word *******, you will see my results. I used a Allen Wrench, Razor Blade, Hack Saw, Flat File, 80 Grit Sand Paper, & a Drill. I also used some spray paint to paint the steel framework where I altered it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts