Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
they're put on with double face tape, do it soon, the longer you wait the more they want to stay

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
yup, a hairdryer will work, too.
careful with the paint--when it's warm or hot, it's soft.
i used goof-off too soon (which also softens the paint) and ended up using polishing compound for an hour to get the skin to look normal again.

·
Registered
140 Posts
theres quite a few threads i found on here for this, i used this one off the FAQ section. it starts off about the rear fender decals but later people mention how they got the reflectors off as well.

http://www.furyforums.com/forum/fury-appearance/812-removing-decals.html

i just did mine a couple weeks ago... it took some patience with it being cold out right now. i used the hair dryer, dental floss, goo gone, and some elbow grease.

·
Premium Member
2,174 Posts
Once the reflectors are off you can use duct tape or double sided tape and work it against what is left on the fork or the fender and it will pull the other off. Just an option if you didn't want to use the goo.

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
There is a goof off remover, you can stop laughing now smart a$$
Yep, and it will eat your paint... Mental's not kidding!

·
Registered
806 Posts
Second that, NO GOOF OFF! It's not necessary anyways. Just use a heat gun or a hair dryer and twist them off or pull some fishing line under it. Then just keep using the hair dryer and rubb the remaining glue with your finger and it comes right off. Use a little Windex afterwards and all the glue and residue will be gone.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts