Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

· Registered
1,303 Posts
Its built into the bikes computer. Only way to remove it is to get a custom flash made. Where are you riding that you need to be doing 100mph? If you want to go fast get a sport bike and go on the track. Just enjoy the ride man.

Side note....screen name relate to another ride you got? I love 3rd gen T/A's

· Registered
1,152 Posts
I did the whole speed thing when I had my Hayabusa. There are a few long, flat, straight, empty roads out here in Oklahoma so I had the chance to open it up. Doing around 170 mph on two wheels is a very odd experience I must say, by the time you notice something you already passed it. Doing 100 mph on a Fury is about as scary as being topped out on the Busa, it just wasnt built to be a high speed bike.

· Premium Member
4,474 Posts
Just my thoughts but if your trying to go over a !00 mph on the Fury just maybe this bike isn't the right choice of bikes for you and you might want to consider another style bike.

· Registered
13,011 Posts
transams89, don't feel like everyone is jumping on you for your question. It's just that this question has been asked several times and sometimes we can get a little calloused after the same issue is poured over so many times.

I will have to agree that this bike is more of a cool cruiser not made for super high speeds.

This site is actually very helpful as well as the people. There are a lot of good people on here, so ask any question you like. Just be sure to try the search button up top first since most of your questions have probably already been asked.

Have fun on your bike! :)

· Registered
81 Posts
Its built into the bikes computer. Only way to remove it is to get a custom flash made. Where are you riding that you need to be doing 100mph? If you want to go fast get a sport bike and go on the track. Just enjoy the ride man.

Side note....screen name relate to another ride you got? I love 3rd gen T/A's
i guess the next question would be has anyone tried to get the computer flashed? There have been several of the same questions asked on the boards here,yes u can do a search,but they all end the same-the bikes is to dangerous to drive over a hundred- Bullsh't, if thats the case most of the bikes produced should cut off at 100, no lets make that 70 since thats the fastest you,ll need to go on the road.i don't want to go 150 or 175,but i would like to get over 100 evry now

· Premium Member
1,925 Posts
transams89, don't feel like everyone is jumping on you for your question. It's just that this question has been asked several times and sometimes we can get a little calloused after the same issue is poured over so many times.

I will have to agree that this bike is more of a cool cruiser not made for super high speeds.

This site is actually very helpful as well as the people. There are a lot of good people on here, so ask any question you like. Just be sure to try the search button up top first since most of your questions have probably already been asked.

Have fun on your bike! :)

i love that once a week we see the same couple questions. i get a chuckle out of it...

· Premium Member
6,029 Posts
Start referring everybody to the FAQ please, especially for these questions.

Q: What is the top speed of the bike and how do I make it go faster?

A: Let it be stated, you are riding a chopper. Okay, 100mph is the limit, there is a speed governor put on there that is in the bike's electronic chip and would need to be electronically reprogrammed to go faster. The governor is probably put on there because of the small radius of the front tire and is more for safety. Currently there is no known mod to go faster, other than a bigger back tire. Has to be said in advance, please do not ask the forum how to get the bike to go faster, we are tired of this question.

· Premium Member
6,029 Posts
LOL .....and they're tired of this answer! There has to be a way, damn it! :D I wonder if I could put a sport bike engine on this Fury? Do you think that's possible? Then it would go faster! ;)
Had to add some humor to the FAQ, since this forum is full of humorous comments anyways... :p

· Premium Member
6,029 Posts
yaeh great humor..LOL :D - now lets get back to bitchin about the plastic chrome and the dangers of going too fast with a H rated 130mph smaller radius front tire. what kinda of answer is that to "probably why the governor is on the bike
bah, recanted... and added

· Registered
13,011 Posts
Man, I tell ya' what. If I was that concerned about the damn bike being restricted to 100MPH, I guarantee you I never would've bought it...or had I not known about it till after I bought it, I'd take it back.

I think those Yamaha Raiders are pretty fast...

1 - 20 of 111 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.