Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Granted i haven't got to the point of taking it all apart yet, as seeing the ugly brackets sticking out when u got the back seat off, i didn't go any farther. I've seen pics on here of people who had the passenger pad off, with no brackets sticking out. My question: when taking that back seat off, can u remove the rear mounting brackets from, under the riders saddle so that it looks like a clean, "true solo seated bike?" Would look 100 percent better with that pillion off of it, if those mounting brackets wasn't sticking out from under the back of the front seat!! thanks!!

Sphinx

·
Premium Member
2,565 Posts
Granted i haven't got to the point of taking it all apart yet, as seeing the ugly brackets sticking out when u got the back seat off, i didn't go any farther. I've seen pics on here of people who had the passenger pad off, with no brackets sticking out. My question: when taking that back seat off, can u remove the rear mounting brackets from, under the riders saddle so that it looks like a clean, "true solo seated bike?" Would look 100 percent better with that pillion off of it, if those mounting brackets wasn't sticking out from under the back of the front seat!! thanks!!

Sphinx
Yes take off the pad, lift the rear edge of the drivers seat to exspose the 2 5mm allens remove the front seat, turn it over remove the bracket from the seat and reinstall the seat.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks... thats simple enough.. guess i shouldn't have given up so easily.. but it was hot that day and i didn't wanna work on it, i wanted to ride it.. haha off topic question, any word of any other aftermarket pipes in the works besides the turn downs from cobra?

·
Registered
19 Posts
What did you guys do to cover up the screw hole on the rear fender that gets exposed when you take the buddy pad off?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
any word of any other aftermarket pipes in the works besides the turn downs from cobra?
Look around the forum. Fuggin fabrication has 3, Mortons has 1, and I think there are a few more out there or soon to be.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
What did you guys do to cover up the screw hole on the rear fender that gets exposed when you take the buddy pad off?
Some have put a spike in it's place, got a nicer bolt, or put the Honda accessories chrome cover in its place.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Put the stock screw back in, nothing wrong with that, looks ok

1 - 8 of 8 Posts