Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought some of you guys thinking about making the fury your first bike would appreciate feedback from someone in the same shoes.

This was the first time i had ridden a street bike on a public road. I had ridden a dirtbike (80cc's) a couple of times about 20 yrs ago. I attended an MSF safety course last week at the local HD dealership where i learned a LOT about riding and safety. I really enjoyed it and recommend it to everyone, newb or veteren. We had two full days on the track practicing on some Buell blasts.
I hope that gives you a perspective on my opinion.

Although i've heard a lot of negative talk about the 56hp, this thing has plenty of power and speed. I had zero problems with onramps, merging with limited space into 70mph traffic with my wife riding also. I weigh 185 and she's 110.

The throttle was a little too touchy for my opinion. The engine is VERY torquey. When taking off from a stop the bike lurched a few times until i really got a feel for it. A little throttle would cause it to kinda jump forward, causing me to accidently give it more gas. Almost dropped it turning around once.

The ride was smooth and soft without being like a waterbed. Cornering was a little tough for me to get used to. Like said above, at slower speeds i kept accidently "rolling on" and pushing myself a little to much to the outside of corners. I'm pretty sure it's all got to be just my inexperience showing through.

The bike did get stuck in neutral once, which left me me looking pretty stupid at a red light. That aside it shifted very smoothly with the tranny giving a satisfying clunk when going into the next gear.

I spent about 3 hours on it straight both open road and stop and go traffic. I'm 5'9" and and the bike fit me perfectly. No sore back or sore ass to speak of. The wife did complain of a tired lower back after a while, but nothing a sissy bar wouldn't fix.

Overall, after a few hours riding the bike felt like second nature. Slow speed turns were all i had problems with but hey, it's my first day on a street bike. And the thing is 15ft long!

Lots of comment on the bike and we had a great time riding. If your worried about it being to much for your first bike, have no worries. If i took to it as easily as i did with my limited experience, i think most every other "newb" will adapt just as easily.

Go and buy one of these things right away. Then you can brag to that you learned how to ride, on a chopper. How cool is that!?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Wow, how interresting... I had to wait weeks to get on mine and I own it. Most people can't find one in a dealership so they are put on waiting lists... One or two big dealers have them for test rides but only if your willing to place a sizable deposit first. But you found one to rent?? Very impressive (what color). I wish I had the chance to rent one first. I was worried about the bike fit, motor size etc... But, I dove in head first and could not be happier. Awesome machine.
You didn't tell us if you were going to purchase, and if so what color?

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, how interresting... I had to wait weeks to get on mine and I own it. Most people can't find one in a dealership so they are put on waiting lists... One or two big dealers have them for test rides but only if your willing to place a sizable deposit first. But you found one to rent?? Very impressive (what color). I wish I had the chance to rent one first. I was worried about the bike fit, motor size etc... But, I dove in head first and could not be happier. Awesome machine.
You didn't tell us if you were going to purchase, and if so what color?
Getting a chance to rent before buying was really nice, took away all my worries. It was the maroon color
I find out today when my matte silver will come in!:D:D:D

The dealsership is about 3 hours from me but worth the drive. Price is $11,800 out the door excluding 7% sales tax. Can't wait...

·
Registered
1 Posts
great price

Wow - your getting a great deal - 11,800 for the matt silver!!! I paid 13,500 (msrp). I hope I am not the only one else out here that got bent over on this...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hi how was the gas mileage? I have 2000 VMAX and she is a gas pig. Im gonna get the Fury but CANT find LE anywhere in IL. Hope I can get one with ABS next year. How did the forks feel on Highway. Read a few complaints on road joints and seems.

Has anyone seen the LED accent light package on the FURY?

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
UPDATE:
I went ahead a bought a matte silver, #214, with the flamed seat. Man i love this bike!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
where did you buy?

Hey, I'm new to the forum but have had a chance to test out a Fury for myself. I'm looking to buy. J.A.T.O., Do you mind letting me know what dealership you got yours at? I can get pretty much anywhere in North America flying for free.

Thanks in advance, man!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Wow - your getting a great deal - 11,800 for the matt silver!!! I paid 13,500 (msrp). I hope I am not the only one else out here that got bent over on this...
I also paid 13,500 for my matte silver. The dealership was not going to move on the price on a new highly anticipated bike. 13,500 still beats 35k for a Big Dog or an American Iron Horse IMHO.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I payed 15,000 for my fury with all the fee's and the extended 4 yr. warranty! I guess I really got shafted if everyone is paying 13,000 for theirs! I took a HD course too and I learned a lot from it. I can honestly say I learned on a chopper! The fury was my first bike! :D

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
I payed 15,000 for my fury with all the fee's and the extended 4 yr. warranty! I guess I really got shafted if everyone is paying 13,000 for theirs! I took a HD course too and I learned a lot from it. I can honestly say I learned on a chopper! The fury was my first bike! :D
I payed [had financed] 15k and some change for mine too. Fee's and Extended 4year Warranty, Spoiler.... plus I had 2 helmets tossed into there as well.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey, I'm new to the forum but have had a chance to test out a Fury for myself. I'm looking to buy. J.A.T.O., Do you mind letting me know what dealership you got yours at? I can get pretty much anywhere in North America flying for free.

Thanks in advance, man!
Brookhaven Honda, MS, it's about 4 straight hours south of Memphis IAP. The dealership i rented from is about 15 minutes from the airport in case you want to try one out first.

Who are you flying with? I work at the airport also.

BTW Brookhavens price may have went up since i bought mine, but check their website AND their ebay listing. When i bought they had 2 different prices so i mentioned the lower one!

Good luck!

·
Registered
373 Posts
I also paid 13,500 for my matte silver. The dealership was not going to move on the price on a new highly anticipated bike. 13,500 still beats 35k for a Big Dog or an American Iron Horse IMHO.
Mine ended up at 13,600 after the extended warranty, fees and I got them to include shipping to my house. I bought mine in St Augustine, Fla, and live in Savannah, GA

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine's coming next week

Thanks for the input JATO. I haven't been on a bike for 25 years and I ordered a Fury without trying it. I thought if I test drove it I'd chicken out. Mine's Maroon and I'm paying $13,100 OTD (less sales tax).

JATO, is that your "real" picture? :)

Raphael

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have been very interested in this bike since Honda published the concept. I hesitated to pull the trigger to see if anyone was having any serious issues with the bike. Sucks I lost half of the summer, but I finally put money down on one yesterday. I was lucky for both finding a black one and catching a sweet military discount from Station Park Honda in Louisville. I should be up there to pick it up within a few days..... I can't wait!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts