Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, this may be quite basic to most but I don't want to break anything if I can prevent it.

I have the headlight off now and I have the bulb dangling but still connected to the wiring harness. There is also a rubber boot that surrounds the bulb which I've left on. My question is how to get the wiring harness off? Does it simply pull straight off or do I have to twist? I tried playing around a bit but was a little affraid I would end up breaking it!

Thanks....

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
It pulls straight off, You can use a screwdriver to gently pry it off because it is on there pretty good.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
It pulls straight off, You can use a screwdriver to gently pry it off because it is on there pretty good.
If you use a screwdriver... just be careful... have never used a screwdriver to take off the 3 bulbs :( I have replaced...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Screwdriver worked, I had to shed the rubber boot however, doesn't seem to be of much importance. The real struggles began when I tried to put it back together! I have everything back in but the cover which just doesn't want to line up right with the holes....Looks like I'll have to wait until next weekend...Bummer!

Thanks for the help guys, it did get the job done!

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Screwdriver worked, I had to shed the rubber boot however, doesn't seem to be of much importance. The real struggles began when I tried to put it back together! I have everything back in but the cover which just doesn't want to line up right with the holes....Looks like I'll have to wait until next weekend...Bummer!

You should try completely removing the head light assembly! It took an hour easily to get the whole thing off today :mad: Why Honda chose to stuff so much in there through such a small hole is beyond me :confused:

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts

It's easier than you think... I too overthink it when I do the headlight assembly... just found an easier way to it back together was to take the whole thing off, like myfuryride said and will take less than 20 minutes if you get the hang of it...

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Hmm, wtg Honda.
I can bolt on tons of crap--but changing a bulb should not generate this type of dialog. Thanks for being up front about this--I'll take this one to the dealer--

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
Why Honda chose to stuff so much in there through such a small hole is beyond me :confused:
If you think its tight in there now just try stuffing in the Diamond Star modulator relay. I'm afraid to ever pulled it apart again but I always find myself in there because its the main wiring port for any of my add on lights.

·
Premium Member
5,366 Posts
This forum rocks! I wondered if there would be anything on something as minor as a light bulb change - and here it is! Thanks for the bulb Wigo - great to see you and the good lady today ;):cool::D

·
Premium Member
13,703 Posts
Changed mine in front of Advance auto last week.Took about 20 minuts with borrrowed tools.Used lite that was shining throurh their window.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Likewise mate that bulb will make sure your seen alright!! Great to see you both
I'd liked to have ridden over today but was'nt risking going anywhere with that storm coming ,i'll havta catch up with you next yr Wigoh

·
Premium Member
5,366 Posts
Changed mine in front of Advance auto last week.Took about 20 minuts with borrrowed tools.Used lite that was shining throurh their window.
Yep, was pretty straight forward. As you say 20 minutes, but I stopped for dinner and a bottle of wine ;). Looks great Wigo, much brighter!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts