Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im sure this has been discussed many time's, but im new to the site and I cannot find any info on this. Does anyone know how to get rid of the rev/speed limiter on the fury?

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
yup.
trade in your Fury for a CB1000.:D:D

couldn't resist. It's been discussed. some of the more adventurous members of this forum can enlighten you

remember, the Fury is a cruiser.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Yup, it's not a mechanical limiter that you can remove, it is a software limit, so unless you can pull the ROM, read it, decode it, and re-write it and burn a new one to install you are stuck with the limit (unless you want to go the mechanical route of making new gears, chaning wheel sizes etc)

BTW if you do the have ability to re-write the ROM, you can make a LOT of money from Fury owners :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmm that is just ridiculous, why would they ever make a bike with a limiter on it. Shall we add training wheels to our next model?

·
Registered
630 Posts
hmm that is just ridiculous, why would they ever make a bike with a limiter on it. Shall we add training wheels to our next model?
I am betting if you made a training wheel mod, somebody, on here, would want it lol.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Top right hand side, search button, punch in rev limiter, click thread, and that will give u all past post on subject.

·
Registered
377 Posts
hmm that is just ridiculous, why would they ever make a bike with a limiter on it.

I must really be getting old, because there is not a single damn place I can think of that I need to get to at faster than 100 mph. Yeah, a couple of weeks ago, when I was a lot younger, maybe so. Now it's more of a case of "Y'all go on. I'll be there in due time".

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Well Indigestion, how bout some fresh smoked brisket, it's going fast, so I bet that would get u here at 105 mph. :)

Just read your tag line, thats good, real good. 1+1=3. I guess the third are those that get confused about that statement.

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
Well Indigestion, how bout some fresh smoked brisket, it's going fast, so I bet that would get u here at 105 mph. :)

Just read your tag line, thats good, real good. 1+1=3. I guess the third are those that get confused about that statement.
i am going with indigestion.how much you got left mental?im hungry.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
This was posted back in June, no post on this product since, and u just cant tune it away. Can it work, who knows? Being a little older, I have learned not to try to make a ham sandwich with a chicken. I have read all the stuff on this posted on the Forum, u go read it, good luck. However, if u blow your engine, then u will know why Honda put a rev limiter on it. Good Night! Good Luck!

#1 (permalink) Clueless

Breaking the 100 MPH Limiter
First I am not, nor do I want to. 2nd, I said last year that a Speed O Healer may be able to do it, so since it came up AGAIN, I emailed Heal Tech Electronics about it, they now list the VT1300CX as available and got this answer,
3rd, don't blame me if you it works and you mess pants

so anyone wants to try, here is your chance

Sent: Sunday, June 20, 2010 15:34
To: [email protected]
Subject: speed o healer

I have a 2010 Honda VT1300CX (Fury), I was wondering if your speed o healer would by pass the built in speed limiter on these bikes as they do on other models, thanks

John

Hello John,

Thank you for your email - that's a good question.

IF the bike does have speed limiter, probably the SpeedoHealer can be setup to remove it.

To check whether the bike has speed limiter or not, one option would be to put it on a dyno and see if the indicated top speed is higher or not than on the road.

If the bike has speed limiter, the top speed is the same even on dyno where there's no wind resistance.

If you wish to try a SpeedoHealer unit we can offer one with money back guarantee in case it does not work as expected.

Kind Regards,
/Norbert
healtech-electronics.com

OOPS
HealTech Electronics Ltd. - Makers of the SpeedoHealer, GIpro, X-TRE, OBD Tool

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
I'd just like to add....I wasn't saying I would want to remove the limiter myself (hell I've never even hit it) but merely that I thought a Tuner could do it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts