Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone using this? My dealership is offering this now and it seems like every bike should have it. Feedback?

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
My dealership has offered this for a long time, I will ask the techs there what they think of the product and get back with this post...

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
There is not many reviews that I could find. It must be installed by Rhino trained techs. Rhino carries most of the popular tires. I Do Not think you can run Dyna beads.( Not Completly confirmed.) Evidently this treatment will void warranty.

Here is one review.
So far the tire handles just like the previous tire without the Rhino lining... After the hurricane, I used the bike to ride around due to the gas shortage and I wasn't too worry about getting a nail stuck in my back tire due to all the debris laying around in the streets. Now I was worried about my front tire! ;-) My mpg stayed the same at 39 to 40mpg... When checking the air in my tires, I noticed whenever I did have to add air to my tires it was only the front tire I had to add air to. I haven’t yet had to add air to the back tire with the Rhino lining…

So far I am pleased with my Rhino Tire purchase. The one caveat is with the dynabeads I mentioned in an earlier post another caveat is that the Rhino lining does void the Avon warranty according to the Avon warranty paperwork. But if I had to do it all over again I would still purchase the Rhino lining for the peace of mind of knowing that I have reduced my chances of getting stranded somewhere due to a flat. I would have liked to see how the dynabeads worked. However when it is time to replace my front tire I will probably get a front tire with the Rhino lining.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Wonder when run flat technology tires will trickle into the MOTORCYCLE segment...

I know they ride hard but the up side is not being stranded.

So this stuff is like they green goop stuff it coats inside of tire. Sometimes they charge a little for playin with that stuff if you need a repair.:D

Always good to see somethin new.

·
Premium Member
13,703 Posts
mental is right.they have to be external balanced because the beads would stick to the sealer.

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Wonder when run flat technology tires will trickle into the MOTORCYCLE segment...
Not sure you'd want that for a bike. The ride is much worse and handling sucks.

My ex- has a Mini Cooper and had a huge hole in one of them, so we needed to replace it. The price for run-flats was twice a normal tire - try to explain that to a fashion shopper :rolleyes:

So, I got her a set of Bridgestone standard tires and a Slime/Smart Spair tire kit. First thing she said after driving it one day to/from work - her car's handling has never been so drastically improved.

Wonder if there's a way to make a small Slime kit for motorcycles with a can of compressed air enough to fill a tire to limp it into a service station with an air hose?

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Not sure you'd want that for a bike. The ride is much worse and handling sucks.

My ex- has a Mini Cooper and had a huge hole in one of them, so we needed to replace it. The price for run-flats was twice a normal tire - try to explain that to a fashion shopper :rolleyes:

So, I got her a set of Bridgestone standard tires and a Slime/Smart Spair tire kit. First thing she said after driving it one day to/from work - her car's handling has never been so drastically improved.

Wonder if there's a way to make a small Slime kit for motorcycles with a can of compressed air enough to fill a tire to limp it into a service station with an air hose?
they do make a small bottle of Slime. And there are small compressors out there that can plug into any cig lighter. By small i mean can be held in the palm of your hand.

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
they do make a small bottle of Slime. And there are small compressors out there that can plug into any cig lighter. By small i mean can be held in the palm of your hand.
Well, a small bottle of slime is perfect. But, that palm-sized compressor out to come with alligator clips to attach directly to the battery 'cause I didn't get the cigarette lighter option on my Fury :rolleyes:

Might see what they have at the dealer when I swing by.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Plugs for hole-patching and CO2 cartridges for inflating. Both will easily fit into your coat pocket/s. Just FWIW......................

Cheers

·
Registered
228 Posts
I've been putting run-flats on cars for years now. Only difference seems is they are twice as thick of a tire. When it run of or air the tire is so stiff you can still drive. They do take a certain machine to mount. Do cost twice as much and there is a world of difference in handling, road noise, and the non-runflats last longer. Don't know if I would want them on my bike not impressed with them on cars.

·
Premium Member
13,703 Posts
i have a complete plug and air kit to go.saved my butt a few times.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts