Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
i was looking at some of billy lane's choppers the other day for ideas and i actually like some of those dark brown worn seats he puts on his. some of those were paul cox...

for me i like springer seats similar to this but maybe more on a bobber imo. everyone has different taste though.

it'd be cool to see something different like this on a fury compared to the norm.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im assuming its mostly for looks but may ride a little better than a sprung seat.

·
Premium Member
2,174 Posts
If you have to ask why, and I don't know how this would actually ride, but for instance an air ride cab and suspension on a 10 wheeler will almost float in comparison to say a camel back suspension(leaf springs and single pivot) and rigid rubber mount cab. Yes very expensive but I bet the ride in the seat would be awesome.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
wow, you can really tell who is a truck driver here and who isnt. This is the same as an air ride seat in a commercial truck. "Floating" is the best term for it. This kind of set up would make a rigid ride better on your back better then most soft tails.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
...or you can buy a softtail bike like we did.

ever ride a rigid?
i have.
sux.
so, like, the seat has a compression shock system but the bike takes the hits.
not comfy or good for the bike.

·
Super Moderator
6,731 Posts
That is a nice looking seat and I be the ride is great. However, with a ALS, the fender does not move, only the swingarm.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts