Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Premium Member
4,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put the bike on jack, strap down, start motor put in first gear let the rear turn.
I took 150 grit sand paper and held it to rim to remove finish down to aluminum. slowly moving back and forth. 30 minutes to get even appearance.

Then I took a good amount of Blue Magic metal polish cream to a damp terry cloth and held against turning rim. slowly move back and forth till rim turned black. damp another rag and wipe down blackening. repeated 5 times then thoroughly clean rim with warm water till no residue is left on rag. wax on rim, wax off rim . I left spokes and ridge on inner rim factory color to give a two tone appearance. I like the look about an hr or so you will have one side Down. What ya think may not be best pics,

Attachments

· Premium Member
4,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I think another five turns with polish and she may be bright as hell if you want. I kinda like it the way it is. the front will be harder. will have my son spin the wheel while I work LOL .Its dark here so pics are not the best will do more tm

· Premium Member
6,029 Posts
I think another five turns with polish and she may be bright as hell if you want. I kinda like it the way it is. the front will be harder. will have my son spin the wheel while I work LOL .Its dark here so pics are not the best will do more tm
LOL... perfect... just talked my kid into it too... guess he doesn't know better yet to say no ... ;)

· Premium Member
4,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you can really see the dif in pic five polished to factory paint on forks and other side

· Registered
1,152 Posts
You have a good start but if you want a mirror shine 150 grit is WAY to course. Hit it with some 500 then some 1000+ and then polish and you will be amazed. Good job though.

· Premium Member
4,750 Posts
That's a good idea, thanks for sharing, definitely looking forward to some pictures of the finished product. Now I wonder if you could just take the wheel off and use a handheld disk sander because those spokes are going to be a pain in the butt if you try to do that by hand. Anyways, thanks for sharing.

· Premium Member
4,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You have a good start but if you want a mirror shine 150 grit is WAY to course. Hit it with some 500 then some 1000+ and then polish and you will be amazed. Good job though.
I understand what you saying but there were a couple things stopping me. ran out of toothpics that kept breaking holding eyelids up, no 500-1000 in house (400) was the next step tho and prob the last cause i not really a shiny type dude. I figuring out what else can go black. IMO lil to much chrome anyways, side covers painted. I love the bike as it it, just subtle changes in appearance is all i going for. but who knows.

· Premium Member
4,474 Posts
It looks great but it does seem like a lot of work and can you get into all the nooks and crannies of the spokes ok to polish them up? I don't want to knock the efforts in any way because its a nice very nice upgrade to the stock wheels but I think the chrome stock version should have come on this bike from the factory. I think the chrome stock wheels are the only way to fly and was my very first choice of upgrades to the bike. Once you have seen the difference of what the bike looks like up close with the chrome stock wheels anyone would agree that it completely changes the look of this bike from the stock version with no comparison.

· Premium Member
1,582 Posts
IMO it looks good.I can tell you from experience (spend alot of time polishing tanks and wheels) that the more you polish it the more shine you are going to get.Looks good though and a great option to chroming if you dont have the cash.

· Premium Member
4,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's a good idea, thanks for sharing, definitely looking forward to some pictures of the finished product. Now I wonder if you could just take the wheel off and use a handheld disk sander because those spokes are going to be a pain in the butt if you try to do that by hand. Anyways, thanks for sharing.
I don't plan on doing the spokes, i like the two tone look. getting ready to polish more now and will pic later

· Registered
63 Posts
It looks great but it does seem like a lot of work and can you get into all the nooks and crannies of the spokes ok to polish them up?
do you think a dremel would get into the nooks and crannies? just a thought.

· Premium Member
4,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
And Done!! brushed look really but I really like it.

Attachments

· Registered
63 Posts
hey man not to jack your thread here but quick question, what are you using for rear turn signals? I see you got plugs where the lollipops go.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.