Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe it. I spent 2-hours removing all the decals, reflectors and badges from my new Fury and now I found out they (meaning Honda) forgot to put a helmet lock on my new bike! Now I have to paste and glue all that stuff back on so I can return it to the dealership for a refund!:( Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
970 Posts
+2 Right here Mrbyber I think posted something about his and I never have seen one on my bike so I looked a couple weeks ago. Sure enough no helmet lock I figured my dealership needed it worse then I did.

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
They handed me mine in a plastic bag and told me to put it on...had screws with it....but I did get ripped off in that I didn't get the little sealable baggie thingamajig that is supposed to be glued to the fender under the seat to put important papers in.....:(

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just happen to have an extra one if you need it.

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
Don't feel bad, I didn't get a key to the fork lock!

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No wonder Honda is selling these bikes so cheap! No helmet lock, no key to the front forks....whats next, no tires!

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I can't believe it. I spent 2-hours removing all the decals, reflectors and badges from my new Fury and now I found out they (meaning Honda) forgot to put a helmet lock on my new bike! Now I have to paste and glue all that stuff back on so I can return it to the dealership for a refund!:( Has anyone else had this problem?
Dude I have a brand new one never used u can have . Why would you go through all that trouble ?

·
Registered
630 Posts
They handed me mine in a plastic bag and told me to put it on...had screws with it....but I did get ripped off in that I didn't get the little sealable baggie thingamajig that is supposed to be glued to the fender under the seat to put important papers in.....:(
Damit, what bag under the seat. They just handed me my book. Well, they are gonna hear about this. thats at least a $30 option, as honda options go.

·
Registered
252 Posts
helmet lock

Don't have one never had one. but I think the fork lock key is the same for the helmet lock ?? a friend of mine has his helmet lock and the fork key is the same :eek:
I can't imagine that the dealer would be so petty that you would have to put all the badging back on just to get what you paid for :confused:

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
I guess im lucky Glendale Honda cal. gave me everything including a 1 hour walkthru....and a full tank of gas plus lifetime discount in the parts and service dept......:D

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Dude I have a brand new one never used u can have . Why would you go through all that trouble ?
I gotta' agree with Billy. Sounds like a lot of hassle over just a helmet lock. I never put mine on, so if I can find it, I'll just give it to you along with Billy's and you'll have two. ;) However, I may have just thrown it away.

Surely you could just go to the dealer and tell them they never gave it to you, instead of trying to put all that crap back on and taking the bike back....???.....:confused:

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
lmfao are you serious??? That helmet lock is a piece of crap and more trouble than it's worth, I actually didn't know about it until one day I went shopping for one and someone said that I should have had one installed, come to find out I found the spot where it should have been installed and it wasn't, went back to stealership and got mine, installed it <pita> and left it on for a little while and it started to corrode, it's a piece of crap and really not worth installing, plus with the factory rear fender you can see it and I personally believe that it looks like crap and was better off without it and ended up taking it off, plus if someone's going to steal your helmet they will do it regardless on if it's locked to the bike or not, not hard to get another strap sewn to the helmet.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Don't have one never had one. but I think the fork lock key is the same for the helmet lock ?? a friend of mine has his helmet lock and the fork key is the same :eek:
I can't imagine that the dealer would be so petty that you would have to put all the badging back on just to get what you paid for :confused:
They keys are completely different.
I don't think its a matter of the dealer being petty, but a matter of organization and actually installing what comes with the bike.

·
Registered
253 Posts
+1 for the lock being a POS. It uses the same key as the ignition, but mine doesn't want to lock when I try and put the helmet in it. Then it doesn't want to open when I am ready to go.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Helmet lock didn't come with my bike. After the 600 hundred check up they still couldn't find the helmet lock so they change out my ignition switch and gave me two new keys that fits ignition and Helmet lock .

1 - 20 of 46 Posts