Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After checking several posts on risers, I'm really thinking about getting some. I'm getting tired of getting a sore/tense neck and shoulders on rides. It's to the point where I actually started thinking about getting a Street Glide:eek: But I love the Fury too much and if I can fix that problem, I'd be a happy camper. From what I've read, risers seem to help with comfort. My question is what risers work the best for everyone? I am 6' tall and want something to get my arms up more level. I see there are canella, scootworks, and the vtx-treme.
Any recommendations??

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
From what I've read, a lot of people like the Canella's. I'm not sure why since if you decide to go with the 8° trees the Canella's are not usable. I personally went with the Scootworks for cost reasons and have never had an issue with them. They work great with the 8° trees as well.

·
Registered
760 Posts
From what I've read, a lot of people like the Canella's. I'm not sure why since if you decide to go with the 8° trees the Canella's are not usable. I personally went with the Scootworks for cost reasons and have never had an issue with them. They work great with the 8° trees as well.
Have a look at my Cannellas with 8° Triple Trees. Cannellas modded by approx. 4°.

·
Registered
654 Posts
The canella's are well made and look great, plus an easy install!! Feel rock solid as well. And, I got a free coozie with mine!

·
Registered
265 Posts
An extra set of hands is always helpful. Cover your tank & maybe your bars to prevent a mishap. Other than that, pretty easy to do. Let us know what you think after your "test run".

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Use blue loc-tite.

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
I put on a 3" set (satin black) of Jake Crosby's...$100. Quality machining, bolts, & fast delivery included in price. You can contact him on Facebook ⏵ Honda Fury Club

Jakes risers.jpg My Fury w 3 in handlebar risers.jpg Jakes 3 inch risers on other Fury .jpg

·
Registered
370 Posts
Were they just bolt on? No extra work of extending cables/rerouting.
Yes, they're bolt-on, just need some blue Loctite. You do need to reroute the speedo wires and remove the brake line's block connector bracket, and the two curly line/cable guides.

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Too bad they don’t make a 3”. Did this make a difference with your riding? Seems expensive for a small piece of metal but if that is what most risers cost then it is what it is.
They do help but another 1" would be better ergonomically, but for me I like maintaining the lower profile of the bars appearance so it's a win win.
Cost is what it is. Risers are more economical in most cases and I would guess they allow a more upright position while riding.

If I were to remove the Canella's I would go with some nice ape hangers but that would raise cost plus some.

Reactions: Gizmo

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ya I like the look of the Canella’s the best. Guess I’ll just have to pay up. First season with my Fury and am already addicted. Had to strip it down. Stuff is adding up quick.

-Intake
-Exhaust
-Ghul reflash
-Rear led’s
-Chromeglow integrated front & rear turn signals
-Powder coated rims
-Etc. Etc. Etc.

·
Registered
503 Posts
After checking several posts on risers, I'm really thinking about getting some. I'm getting tired of getting a sore/tense neck and shoulders on rides. It's to the point where I actually started thinking about getting a Street Glide:eek: But I love the Fury too much and if I can fix that problem, I'd be a happy camper. From what I've read, risers seem to help with comfort. My question is what risers work the best for everyone? I am 6' tall and want something to get my arms up more level. I see there are canella, scootworks, and the vtx-treme.
Any recommendations??
I'm also tall, 6'3" and found myself slumping. I completely done away with the factory bars. I used a set of 6" risers from J&P Cycle, just a standard stock set. I made my bars out of 304 stainless (35") wide. This is very comfortable for me now.
IMG_20201205_144411063.jpg
IMG_20200913_173714816.jpg

1 - 17 of 17 Posts