Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

Registered
2010 Honda Fury
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finished yesterday, very proud of the setup. It rides like a dream, and now I can sit back like I'm riding a lounge chair down the road. My mods this time included:

Body accent lighting
Pair removal and block off
7inch King Risers
Brake light pulser
Braided brake lines
Valve adjust/all fluids/filter etc.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Motorcycle

Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive lighting Vehicle

Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive fuel system

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Bicycle Bicycle tire Automotive lighting

Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood

I plan to ride it for quite a while before I take it down again. (At least that's what I say every time). Thanks for looking!

Registered
2010 Honda Fury
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those risers are cool as hell, any info.?
I built them myself. I drew them on CAD and CNC machined them from 7075 aluminum. ...$170 of materials alone. It is a king chess piece profile. Took me 7 hours to polish them both, it isn't chromed 馃檪. I need to add a better close up pic. Allows for factory setup to be used, the only thing is extended wiring and lines. I'm not sure if there's a market for it or not, but I'm really considering it. Aluminum is just so expensive right now.

Registered
the risers look li
I finished yesterday, very proud of the setup. It rides like a dream, and now I can sit back like I'm riding a lounge chair down the road. My mods this time included:

Body accent lighting
Pair removal and block off
7inch King Risers
Brake light pulser
Braided brake lines
Valve adjust/all fluids/filter etc.

View attachment 241474
View attachment 241475
View attachment 241480
View attachment 241476
View attachment 241477
View attachment 241478

I plan to ride it for quite a while before I take it down again. (At least that's what I say every time). Thanks for looking!
the risers look like chess pieces, the queen

Registered
2010 Honda Fury
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the risers look li

the risers look like chess pieces, the queen
It is definitely a chess piece, modeled after a king. I thought the queen looked cool and it was my original model... But my friends all kept calling me a "queen".

Why can we call our bike a she, but it can't have female parts? Whatever, vehicle gender and social stigmas are confusing 馃槅

Registered
Nice risers. Too tall for my taste, but I appreciate the design and machining from a fellow ex machinist and current engineer. Yes, every metal is expensive right now. I'm trying to get quotes for a 110" diameter tool I need to make for work, if I do it from 1 piece the raw matl is $80,000!

What software do you use? For home stuff I use Fusion360. I 3d print stuff at home for my vehicles. Various brackets, covers, etc.

Reactions: Gizmo

Registered
2010 Honda Fury
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nice risers. Too tall for my taste, but I appreciate the design and machining from a fellow ex machinist and current engineer. Yes, every metal is expensive right now. I'm trying to get quotes for a 110" diameter tool I need to make for work, if I do it from 1 piece the raw matl is $80,000!

What software do you use? For home stuff I use Fusion360. I 3d print stuff at home for my vehicles. Various brackets, covers, etc.
Wow that's a high scrap price... Good luck! I use SOLIDWORKS, but I've tried 360 at home too, I just don't want to relearn another. I'm good with NX too, but don't have it. Part was programmed with Mazatrol.

That's what I do for work, I'm an additive manufacturing engineer. I also have 2 printers at home. Such a fun industry.

Registered
Wow that's a high scrap price... Good luck! I use SOLIDWORKS, but I've tried 360 at home too, I just don't want to relearn another. I'm good with NX too, but don't have it. Part was programmed with Mazatrol.

That's what I do for work, I'm an additive manufacturing engineer. I also have 2 printers at home. Such a fun industry.
Right on! Yeah we have a huge additive department. Laser welding too. I was the manufacturing engineer for our laser department (cladding too) then switched roles to Tool Design which I really dig.

I miss NX. By far my favorite software. Using CREO at work now. It's... special.

Registered
1 - 20 of 26 Posts