Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

I'm finally taking delivery of a Honda Fury next week. I want to add ape hangers, probably from fob, as they have a mount for the speedo:

link

but, from the web page above, I need 1 to 1 & ½" risers to mount the bars.

I googled bar risers for the fury and got a choice of makes but I don't know which risers will work with these ape hangers?

I would appreciate it if anyone here could help me?

thanks

shay

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hi folks,

I'm finally taking delivery of a Honda Fury next week. I want to add ape hangers, probably from fob, as they have a mount for the speedo:

link

but, from the web page above, I need 1 to 1 & ½" risers to mount the bars.

I googled bar risers for the fury and got a choice of makes but I don't know which risers will work with these ape hangers?

I would appreciate it if anyone here could help me?

thanks

shay
I would maybe email the bar maker and ask what the clearance is when the speedo is mounted in the bars. I am going to assume you will need a set with a blunt top (less material). Good luck and welcome to the NATION!

https://www.demonscycle.com/handlebars-and-hand-controls/risers/4-rise-black-billet-handlebars-risers-for-harley-davidson-springer-front-ends

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
meancycles.com replied to my email with links to ape hangers, risers and cables.

The fury arrives Friday ( hopefully ) and will ride it for. a couple of months before fitting the apes.

thanks for the help... I've wanted a Fury for years and finally had the money and found one that I liked.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm gonna step in here and take over your post (sorry I think this'll be helpful for those researching).

I'm on ebay right now, looking at the multitude of f**kn risers out there.

As I understand it, the size of the clamp hole has to do with the bars' diameter, so that must be decided prior. The vertical height of the risers can also be decided after. But to install the risers onto the Fury itself, that has to do with the Fury's measurements.

Since I have to know what I'm looking for, cause nothing is ever standard, can someone please post here the dimensions required to fit the risers on a Honda Fury (all models)?

I realize there are different styles, what I'm interested in knowing is the dimensions required for the connection between the risers' base and the Honda Fury's tree plate. Should it it 1", 1-1/4"...? Also is there a required screw size (length and width)?

Thanks to whoever can lend a hand!

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
I'm gonna step in here and take over your post (sorry I think this'll be helpful for those researching).

As I understand it, the size of the clamp hole has to do with the bars' diameter, so that must be decided prior. The vertical height of the risers can also be decided after. But to install the risers onto the Fury itself, that has to do with the Fury's measurements.

Since I have to know what I'm looking for, cause nothing is ever standard, can someone please post here the dimensions required to fit the risers on a Honda Fury (all models)?

I realize there are different styles, what I'm interested in knowing is the dimensions required for the connection between the risers' base and the Honda Fury's tree plate. Should it it 1", 1-1/4"...? Also is there a required screw size (length and width)?

Go online and check out an exploded parts diagram, it should give you the bolt and thread pitch. Length will be custom to the risers you get. Which then will have to match the diameter of your apes

·
Registered
19 Posts
Go online and check out an exploded parts diagram, it should give you the bolt and thread pitch. Length will be custom to the risers you get. Which then will have to match the diameter of your apes
The Honda Fury Service manual has exploded parts diagram. It does not have bolt and thread pitch. The only specified value seems to be the torque at which to tighten the bolt holding the OEM handlebars.

As per RevZilla, looks like a 12mm self-locking nut is required for the OEM handlebar. So I'm gonna try and find a 12mm-bolting riser. I'm presuming it will come with its own self-locking nut, so that should be enough.
Thanks for the idea @krashDH !!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just one quick question - the OEM bars, are they 1" diameter at the bolt-on space? are they also 1" diameter at the handles?
(I have Krator spiked black grips, and I don't know if they come in different sizes. I wanna fit these on an FMB 1" diam. ape set, but I'm currently not sure if these grips would fit.)

·
Registered
49 Posts
i am

I am having the same issue..cant find risers...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts