Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
Cool, we'll have to do a ride when I get back :D I've heard of Heart Attack Grill, how was the food?

·
Registered
12,354 Posts
On Saturday a buddy of mine and I went for a two hour cruise. That thing is a BEAST !!!!

Even with my 16 HP increase, there was NO WAY I could match his acceleration!

I personally like the looks of the Fury 'way better, but for performance.
WOW !!!!

BTW, this is where we had lunch:

HEART ATTACK GRILL... Home of the Double Bypass Burger!

Have a good week to each of you.
Yeah, a buddy of mine has a Yamaha Raider and they do have all the power you would ever need. He tried to talk me into buying one when I was looking at the Fury, but I obviously chose the Honda.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Yeah, they fly. even with less HP than an VTX1800 they are faster.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I used to have a VMAX so I know what an ugly bike looks like. To me, the Raider is not that much better looking, but its ok if you like it that way. Has the look of a bunch of parts that don't really match each other. The Fury lines are simple and smooth and flowing....

·
Registered
396 Posts
"The Grille Next Door"

On Saturday a buddy of mine and I went for a two hour cruise. That thing is a BEAST !!!!

Even with my 16 HP increase, there was NO WAY I could match his acceleration!

I personally like the looks of the Fury 'way better, but for performance.
WOW !!!!

BTW, this is where we had lunch:

HEART ATTACK GRILL... Home of the Double Bypass Burger!

Have a good week to each of you.
:)

On the South West corner of Thomas & 44th Street there is "The Grille Next Door", I think. I was told that it was the original Heart Attack Grill but had to change the name when the Chandler location opened. They still have a very similar theme. The place is a dump, the burgers are better, the girls show more skin, you don’t have to wear the gown, but the fries are not even close. Once a month they have a car & bike wash. Both places are great & should not be missed.

The Grill Next Door

The girls on the web site are the girls that work there.

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
For that same very reason, I am staying off of other bikes like the Raider. I think I may want to get one and start modding. This is the way I most likely would have gone if the Fury didn’t come out.

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Damn you Chris! Makes me want to start on a Raider. Mod #1 would have to be a 280 rear end. Your bikes looks great.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice Job Chris

That exhaust has to sound 'BAD ASS' when you light up that motor.....

I actually like the looks of the Raider now with your mods....

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Nice Job Chris

That exhaust has to sound 'BAD ASS' when you light up that motor.....

I actually like the looks of the Raider now with your mods....
Low and Mean!
You cant post these types of things!!!
Now I want a damn raider! Well, your Raider any way!:D

·
Registered
331 Posts
That's funny, my raider won't take my buddy's 1800 "F", and the M109 will kick the $h!t out of both of them...
Taken from a Raider site, but you get the general idea...

Bike 1/4 mile E.T.
Yahama Star Raider 12.09*
Suzuki M109R 12.08**
HD Rocker 13.30*
HD Night Rod Special 12.47**
Honda VTX1800F 12.90**
Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 Classic 13.30**
Victory Hammer S 13.17**
Yamaha Star Warrior 13.01**

*CycleWorld, March 2008

**Popular Mechanics, May 2007

I found a Popular mechanics 1/4 mile time for the Raider, 12.34 @ 106.35 June 29, 2010

I have also seen VTX at 12.72 at 105 by Motorcycle Cruiser mag.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Taken from a Raider site, but you get the general idea...

Bike 1/4 mile E.T.
Yahama Star Raider 12.09*
Suzuki M109R 12.08**
HD Rocker 13.30*
HD Night Rod Special 12.47**
Honda VTX1800F 12.90**
Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 Classic 13.30**
Victory Hammer S 13.17**
Yamaha Star Warrior 13.01**

*CycleWorld, March 2008

**Popular Mechanics, May 2007

I found a Popular mechanics 1/4 mile time for the Raider, 12.34 @ 106.35 June 29, 2010

I have also seen VTX at 12.72 at 105 by Motorcycle Cruiser mag.
I would say someone didn't know how to ride the 9, lots of riders have gotten in the mid 11sec. and that's probably about it for the 109 w/o a ton of work, but mid 11 to 12 is significant. Of course the raider board is going to claim raiders are faster. I don't believe it. You gotta remember the stock tire on the 9 sucks big time, that bike is all over the road if you're not careful. The Metz tire stock on the Raider is much stickier, so crate-to-crate I could see the Raider almost keeping up.
Don't get me wrong, I would rather ride my Raider over the 9, it's just plain fun, but apples to apples, both bikes with power commanders, intakes and like tire compounds, I just don't se it happening. Also my definition of an a$$ kicking is 3 or 4 bike lengths. If someone beats me by 3 lengths, they kicked me!!!
I would think the Raider and a good X would be very close. I think the Raider would take a Retro 1800, (for some reason they are slower) JMO
Just a few times I have found on diffefirent forums (non partison) and another rag
11.45 at 112 mph
11.742 @ 112.31
11.91 sec. @ 112.9 mph

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
So how blazing fast did the Fury do the qtr mile?
I think Cycle World put the Fury 1/4 mile at 13.88 sec @ 92.58 MPH.. almost 2 seconds behind the Raider.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I would say someone didn't know how to ride the 9, lots of riders have gotten in the mid 11sec. and that's probably about it for the 109 w/o a ton of work, but mid 11 to 12 is significant. Of course the raider board is going to claim raiders are faster. I don't believe it. You gotta remember the stock tire on the 9 sucks big time, that bike is all over the road if you're not careful. The Metz tire stock on the Raider is much stickier, so crate-to-crate I could see the Raider almost keeping up.
Don't get me wrong, I would rather ride my Raider over the 9, it's just plain fun, but apples to apples, both bikes with power commanders, intakes and like tire compounds, I just don't se it happening. Also my definition of an a$$ kicking is 3 or 4 bike lengths. If someone beats me by 3 lengths, they kicked me!!!
I would think the Raider and a good X would be very close. I think the Raider would take a Retro 1800, (for some reason they are slower) JMO
Just a few times I have found on diffefirent forums (non partison) and another rag
11.45 at 112 mph
11.742 @ 112.31
11.91 sec. @ 112.9 mph

That is why I posted the Popular Mechanics time for the Raider. I have also seen stats for the 109 in the mid 11's. popular Mechanics would be a decent comparison to each other. With the Raider at 12.39, 109 @ 12.08, and VTX 12.90. Shaft drives eat up a lot of HP compared to the Raider's Belt considering the raider is rated at 95hp at the crank vs VTX 106 and M109's 125, so HP isn't everything.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts