Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all - I've posted a few times in the forums but just wanted to say hey!

A few of my buds have been riding for awhile but never really persuaded me to make a purchase. I'm not sure what came over me... one day I just decided I was tired of looking at motorcycles and wanted to start riding. I went with the silver Fury for my first bike and have taken and passed the safety course. All I need now is my license and I'm ready to continue learning. I ride the Fury around my neighborhood now, getting used to riding a bike and being around drivers, etc... it turns heads like crazy. Awesome feeling. Anyway, thanks for reading and I look forward to doing a meet in the future with some Texas owners. Speaking of that, does anyone know if a formal Texas club has formed yet?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Rookie rider - Fury for 2nd bike

I Too Am A Rookie Rider... I Have Owned Another Bike About 20 Years Ago... Had A Bad Accident Involving A Log Truck On A Wet California Road :eek: . I Had Very Little Desire To Get Back On A Bike After That Incedent Untill I Seen The Fury :rolleyes: . Just The Site Of This Bass Ass Bike Got My Thirst For The Open Road Back :D . I Too Will Attend A Riders Course To Refresh/Relearn Those Important Skills That I Am Sure I Have Lost (Too Many Bud Lights In 20 Years). I Figure Why Put Myself Or Others At Risk, Just Take The Course And Have A True Understanding Of What I Am Supposed To Be Doing (Beside Looking Cool) :cool: .
What Part Of Texas Do You Live? I Live In West Centeral Louisiana.
Donnie

·
Registered
3 Posts
how is the fury as a first bike? i too have friends with bikes and have always looked and wanted a bike but never got one....have never riden before and starting to look into the courses. i've thought about doing the whole cheap used bike as a beginner bike, but it'd also be nice to get the fury and might as well look good while still learning.....

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
how is the fury as a first bike? i too have friends with bikes and have always looked and wanted a bike but never got one....have never riden before and starting to look into the courses. i've thought about doing the whole cheap used bike as a beginner bike, but it'd also be nice to get the fury and might as well look good while still learning.....
bluelion:
I was out of motorcycle riding for over 20 years. I took the Motorcycle Safety Course from MSF Riders Edge.
I would recommend this course to any new or out of touch rider.
I actually learned a few things that have been invaluable.
They provide the motorcycle's (in this class it was Buell's)

You learn everything from handling, emergency braking, swerving, and maneuverability techniques.
If the Fury is your first bike, I would recommend riding in your neighborhood subdivisions to get a feel for turning and and braking.

One of the first things I did with the Fury after the class, was to find a parking lot and test the braking ability of the bike at 40 mph and so on.
Applying both brakes evenly without skidding to see what the braking distance is. Trust me, it has helped in a couple situations already.
Any MSF sanction safety course I highly recommend.:)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tony_fury is exactly right. That being said - the Fury and motorcycling in general has literally changed my life. I can't imagine not riding, and I'm thinking about learning how to build motorcycles. That being said, the only thing I have to compare to the Fury is the Rebel I learned to ride in the class, and my buddies H-D Night Rod Special. It's the only Harley I've ridden, and it's very powerful, but not near as nimble as the Fury IMO. Sounds crazy bc the Fury is raked alot more than the Night Rod, and its apples to oranges a bit, but even he says the Fury feels light and well balanced compared to his ride. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sounds like most of us are pursuing a middle life crisis! What a good crisis to go through. I too have been off of bikes for 25 yrs. And I am enjoying mine in the Texas hill country. Is there a club or group of furys in the San Antonio/Austin area? Texas Hill Country Rocks!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sounds like most of us are pursuing a middle life crisis! What a good crisis to go through. I too have been off of bikes for 25 yrs. And I am enjoying mine in the Texas hill country. Is there a club or group of furys in the San Antonio/Austin area? Texas Hill Country Rocks!!
I'm looking to ride around the San Antonio area with some fellow Fury riders. Flyinmandavis, do you have any leads?

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
I guess I am in the same boat. I had been away from bikes for over 20 years. In alaska it is very short ridding season. Lots of snow-machines. I have been in Iraq working and living in Thailand for over 5 years almost 6 and have been ridding a lot of small bikes honda waves 125.
I decided that it was time to get a big bike and started shopping around. In Thailand there are thousands of Bikes but 125 to 250cc. As I was leaving to head back to work I ran across the honda fury in Bangkok. I have been drooling over it ever since.
I have sent my wife down to look at them (only 2 and 1 is mine) I pick it up Oct.26th.

As for Texas fury groups
Click on quick links top right of page
go to social groups
And scroll through that I think there may be one for Texas

1 - 14 of 14 Posts