Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
what is the redline rpm for my fury?
Our bikes don't have RPM gauges on them, as they are choppers, but...

Anybody have an RPM meter on their bike or has anybody dynoe'd their bike to know this fact? Maybe one of the vendors knows...

·
64 Posts
I'd actually be okay with sacrficing my speedometer for a tach any day, wonder if there is a way to get a tach hooked up.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
I know the redline question may just be out of curiosity, but doesn't the rev limiter keep the engine from redlining anyway? Mine is also just a question of curiosity.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
I know the redline question may just be out of curiosity, but doesn't the rev limiter keep the engine from redlining anyway? Mine is also just a question of curiosity.
That's what I was thinking of when I wrote it actually, thanks for clarifying that Steveo... Cept, I haven't hit the cap on third gear yet... is there one besides the 100 mph limiter?

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
That's what I was thinking of when I wrote it actually, thanks for clarifying that Steveo... Cept, I haven't hit the cap on third gear yet... is there one besides the 100 mph limiter?
I could be wrong, but it was my understanding that there was a top speed governor to keep you from exceeding 95, 100, whatever, (haven't had my bike that fast...yet), and a rev limiter to keep you from redlining in any gear. Someone on here once posted the top speed in each gear due to the rev limiter, but I can't remember what those were.

I think I actually engaged the rev limiter in second gear the other day. Maybe at 50 MPH....???..... I don't remember. I just know the engine made a weird sound and I was hoping that was the rev limiter.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
I could be wrong, but it was my understanding that there was a top speed governor to keep you from exceeding 95, 100, whatever, (haven't had my bike that fast...yet), and a rev limiter to keep you from redlining in any gear. Someone on here once posted the top speed in each gear due to the rev limiter, but I can't remember what those were.
Ack... can't clarify my thoughts today, thanks again Steveo... Going on 2 hours sleep... :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
The rev limiter kicks in at i thought i read 6800 or so RPM. And the motor top speed is 100 or so depending on weight Ask CLUELESS FOR DETAILS/SPECS.

The manual has the speeds for each gear way lower than what I get from the gears so who knows... I have had here up to 95mph on Highway, A FEW TIMES, with no real head/crosswinds and that was way fast enough! This bike has 3.8" of trail, is a chopper so its not built toward stable, but it wont flop like other choppers, 4.0" or MORE trail gives more stability for the bike in turns and control.:cool:

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
The rev limiter kicks in at i thought i read 6800 or so RPM. And the motor top speed is 100 or so depending on weight Ask CLUELESS FOR DETAILS/SPECS.

The manual has the speeds for each gear way lower than what I get from the gears so who knows... I have had here up to 95mph on Highway, A FEW TIMES, with no real head/crosswinds and that was way fast enough! This bike has 3.8" of trail, is a chopper so its not built toward stable, but it wont flop like other choppers, 4.0" or MORE trail gives more stability for the bike in turns and control.:cool:
I agree. This bike is what it is. It's not made for speed. It's more for the cool, laid back factor. If I want to go 100 MPH +, I will get a big cruiser, but even then, I myself have no real need to go that fast, especially on a bike.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
They made me do it....

I sadly have FRIENDS THAT BOTH OWN DYNA WIDE GLIDE AND FAT BOYS THIS IS THERE TERRITORY Screamin' eagle kits and pipes! 90-95 IS NORMAL IN CHICAGO I dont ride with them to much anymore I have three kids all under 5 years old!! I would only see there tail lights like red pins they go so fast!!!!

I think my two buddy's might be some of the FASTEST Harley Riders Ive have ever been around, or heard of, on this site or anywhere for that matter! I guess Im special, LOL. Even when I had my VMAX I had to fly/GUN IT, to keep up with them NO LIE!

We have had crotch rockets block us, gets them all pissed off and they love to blast them with the pipes!!! LMFAO!!!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I think stock it's about 4500rpm and PC V will let you extended it to 5100 rpm....

look at any of the dyno charts..... I go by just under 40mph in first, 60 in 2nd and around 75 in 3rd

It does have a 4" stroke so it's not made to rev high...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts