Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Attached is the latest flow data between the S&S Teardrop and the stock Fury air box measured @ 28" of H2O with the throttle body set full open.

Stock Honda Fury Airbox 196.5 CFM
S&S Teardrop Assembly 222.5 CFM
13.23% increase

·
Registered
148 Posts
Gotta say you guys test everything from fit, finish, horsepower and flow charts. I guess that is why you guys are one of the best on the market and have been around for so long! Nice work guys!

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
Attached is the latest flow data between the S&S Teardrop and the stock Fury air box measured @ 28" of H2O with the throttle body set full open.

Stock Honda Fury Airbox 196.5 CFM
S&S Teardrop Assembly 222.5 CFM
13.23% increase

Huh, nice to see you guys drop by, like seeing actual vendors on here...!

·
Premium Member
1,967 Posts
S & S has been the bomb for years....

Funny thing, it's the first thing that catches the HD riders on my bike..

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
CRAP!!!
I haven't even had my bike for a month and I got $2000 in mods. What's another $250.
Where is the cheapest place to get this thing?
And by the way, please tell me that it dosen't stick out as much as the stock cleaner?
My leg is always rubbin on the stock. Anyone tell me how much the difference is?

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
CRAP!!!
I haven't even had my bike for a month and I got $2000 in mods. What's another $250.
And by the way, please tell me that it dosen't stick out as much as the stock cleaner?
My leg is always rubbin on the stock. Anyone tell me how much the difference is?
Almost any aftermarket intake doesn't stick out as much as stock, it's just the angle and the placement of that particular beast that has the leg rubbing against it like a 14 year old school boy exploring his nurse for the first time.... I did 7k or 8k on stock intake, glad I got rid of that damn thing, makes my leg feel better, very similar to another first time... ;)

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
All;

Before everybody goes into a state of euphoric rapture with this filter thing, has anyone actually calculated how many CFM's our Fury's actually NEED (I haven't, but will)? I mean it's nice to have the braggin' rights to say that your Alpha-Mega-Whiz filter can flow 1000 CFM's, but if your engine can only process 150 CFM, where's the advantage? Think about it.................

Cont'd:

OK, I crunched the numbers, and at 5000 RPM's (worst case), our Fury's are moving a maximum of 115.741 CFM of air through our filters (of whatever type). Some of you guys should crunch the numbers, just to verify that I didn't slip a decimal point.

I still contend that the greatest functional benefit to be derived from replacing the stock air-box and filter with an aftermarket unit (all other things being equal) is that the stock air-box is drawing hot air from between the cylinders (I think Honda intentionally did this, in the interest of emissions and/or fuel economy), whereas an "externally-vented" air-box/filter lives in the relatively colder free-stream air exterior to the engine. We all know, of course, that cold air is denser than hot air and therefore makes more power than hot air.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
For the newbies:
Since the equation relies on exhaust port and intake port ratios PLUS proper fuel management , it would be to everyone's best interest who is thinking of replacing stock mufflers and air cleaners to include fuel management upgrades, too. So that the newbies on this site understand that a 'loud' set of pipes isn't a solution by itself; and, neither is a less-restrictive air cleaner a solution by itself.

And, contrary to popular belief, Fury fuel injection does not 'adapt' to your after market exhaust and air cleaner add-ons. Disconnecting the battery and re-connecting it does not put the OEM fuel injection electronics into 'learning mode'.

The OEM injection system does the bulk of the fuel parsing: and it's a lean measurement, to be sure. You can 'modify' that OEM setup by adding a cobra or power commander type fuel management module which will increase fuel/air mixture to richer settings that compliment your pipe/air cleaner upgrades.

Once you get over your 'loud' pipes you will need to consider the damage you could impose on your engine by not completing the fuel management-intake-exhaust equation.

Look for good specs from your air cleaner, pipe, and fuel management vendors. If they can't supply them, look elsewhere for solutions.

S&S just published their specs which are dyno tested with add-ons from the major parts vendors. Perhaps by the time this thread matures, Cobra and V&H will have done their homework, too.

For now, I have to agree with the majority on this thread: S&S is the performance leader by virtue of their experience, great engines, and willingness to cooperate with us metric folk. Every other company that isn't sporting specs is not on my short-list.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nick K

CRAP!!!
Definetly adds more stick out then stock. Maybe 1/2 to 1 inch more. But well worth that minor problem, in power and performance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts