Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
S&S talking about their soon-to-be teardrop air cleaner for the fury says the fury runs rich as it comes from the factory. Been using S&S parts on my bikes for over 20 years; they make great stuff and they know what they're talking about.
But now Cobra (haven't used their stuff yet but they seem pretty good) says the Fury from the factory runs LEAN, and very much so, to meet various emission standards set by the feds. They're talking about their fuel master; says it will enrich the mixture, make the engine run cooler; more power, etc.
So do we need a fuel master type product to adjust mixture or not? I'm confused; anybody .... ?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have heard you need a fuel controller for around $300 from chris at meanandlow.com where i am waiting and waiting for this mayhem exhaust they are making right now. If you think your confused, i am extra confused because i thought i would be spending 700 bux on pipes and it now sounds closer to 1500 bux with the fuel controller, intake, brackets, shipping....not to mention having the dealer do the install if/or it doesn't void my Honda warranty???:confused:

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I have been trying to figure this out as well. I'm also concerned about spending that much on an exhaust, intake, and controller.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Fuel Controller

S&S talking about their soon-to-be teardrop air cleaner for the fury says the fury runs rich as it comes from the factory. Been using S&S parts on my bikes for over 20 years; they make great stuff and they know what they're talking about.
But now Cobra (haven't used their stuff yet but they seem pretty good) says the Fury from the factory runs LEAN, and very much so, to meet various emission standards set by the feds. They're talking about their fuel master; says it will enrich the mixture, make the engine run cooler; more power, etc.
So do we need a fuel master type product to adjust mixture or not? I'm confused; anybody .... ?
Sorry for the confusion. Hopefully the explaination below will help. From the dyno testing we have conducted at S&S we have experienced the stock Fury with no modifications to show a Lean condition from the factory in the RPM range of ~1600-2200-2300. Most likely the bike is tuned this way to pass emmissions. From ~2300-redline the bike shows a rich condition. Even in stock form this bike will benefit from a properly tuned mapp (ie more fuel at lower rpm's, less fuel at higher rpms.) Our results with a S&S Aircleaner and drilled out stock exhaust showed similar air fuel ratio numbers. Thus a fuel controller would be the best option again with and aftermarket exhaust and intake. Make sure the controller you are purchasing can remove and add fuel as you will need to be able to do both to obtain the best results. We will be testing a Fury with an aftermarket exhaust and fuel controller soon. I will post the results when the work is completed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts