Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a S&S intake on your Fury. If so I would like to know your likes or dislike of it.

·
Registered
377 Posts
You mean like this one?

If that is the one you are talking about, it's ok. I got mine powdercoated black since this pic, and it is the one with the slots around the front edge, which just clogs the filter up with bugs quicker. All the harley fan-boys see it and assume its a harley so they come up to check out the bike pretty often. Doesn't really stick out too far, for me anyway. Gives me a place to sit my coffee cup when I stop for a cig, gotta kind of balance it on top but it works. Hard to say if there is really any type of benefit performance wise, since I did the pipes and intake and fuel controller all at once. Overall i give it a thumbs up. Thats about all I can think of to say right now.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Indigestion for the pic that is what i was looking for. Did you have everything needed from S&S to mount it on the bike?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Take a look at this page: Products > Victory and Metric > Honda Fury

With the "kit" almost all you need to do is take yours off and put that one on, as long as you still have your emission stuff still on. If you have taken the pair valve and related stuff off, you will need a small plug for the backside of the plate. I actually got a small rubber plug that came in the package, but it was in there by itself and seemed like a last minute toss-in so can't say for certain they will all have one in there if you buy the kit. If you go this route, be advised the bolt in the engine block, where you mount one end of the brace (the little black thing in the middle of that kit), was a bitch to get out, not counting the fact that we didn't wait till the engine cooled. Whenever you need a new filter, that one is just a standard harley type that you should be able to get almost anywhere motorcycle related.

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
A. You dont need an adaptor for the S & S - it comes with everything needed to mount

B. The only problem I ran into was (in conjunction with Accutronix 3in Forward Controls) The Intake stuck out so far I would have to cant my foot in towards the bike in order to hit the brake. It was very annoying. I am 5'9" so I probably shouldnt have gotten 3in forwards but if the S & S wasnt there and I used a spike, it would have been much more comfortable

·
Registered
377 Posts
Here is another page from their website with a bit more info and a slightly better picture of the kit. http://www.sscycle.com/feature/featureview.php?s_id=2

As far as the powercommander goes, that is not the one I have, but I think it seems to be pretty popular around here.

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
A. You dont need an adaptor for the S & S - it comes with everything needed to mount

B. The only problem I ran into was (in conjunction with Accutronix 3in Forward Controls) The Intake stuck out so far I would have to cant my foot in towards the bike in order to hit the brake. It was very annoying. I am 5'9" so I probably shouldnt have gotten 3in forwards but if the S & S wasnt there and I used a spike, it would have been much more comfortable
I had that problem also, I'm 5'7" and got the standard so I went to a SpYker modded stock one

thanks guys. Im gonna get it now....does it work good with a dynojet powercommander?
PM me I'm thinking of selling mine

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts

Sticks out a bit I have the S&S with a BD cover and it hans out there some:cool:

Makes a cool sound when you gun it!:D

·
Registered
675 Posts
Anybody running the S&S....also using the powercommander V? I need some maps for the s&s running with different typs of exhaust.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Sticks out a bit I have the S&S with a BD cover and it hans out there some:cool:

Makes a cool sound when you gun it!:D
I believe it sticks out a inch and a half further then stock.
If your knee hits the stock you should make sure this is what you want.
I was going to order it myself last year but my knee is right in front of the intake. 1 1/2" is a lot!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts