Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to take a few minutes and introduce S&S Cycle.
As you may know S&S Cycle has been in business for over 50 years making high performance parts and accessories for American made V-Twins. We are now working on various projects for metric bikes including the Fury!
Take a minute to check us out in the supporting vendor section and take a look at the teardrop air cleaner kit we will be releasing for the Fury in the near future.
Thanks!
Andy

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I just wanted to take a few minutes and introduce S&S Cycle.
As you may know S&S Cycle has been in business for over 50 years making high performance parts and accessories for American made V-Twins. We are now working on various projects for metric bikes including the Fury!
Take a minute to check us out in the supporting vendor section and take a look at the teardrop air cleaner kit we will be releasing for the Fury in the near future.
Thanks!
Andy
Sweet!!! Let us know when you have something available.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
S&S Teardrop

Nice!!! cant wait. The less plastic the better IMHO. will it require a remap:confused:
The bike will not require a remap. We measured the Air fuel ratio when we performed our dyno runs and found the Fury to be extremely rich from the factory above 2000RPM. We then dyno tested the Fury with the S&S Air Cleaner and stock pipes with the baffels drilled out and found that the air fuel ratio was still in the safe zone. This bike is plenty rich from the factory.

·
Registered
32 Posts
So S&S drilling out the baffles is ok as far as fuel mixture is concerned? In another thread people are saying its to lean and popping and I'm guess its because of the pair valve system. I'm an auto tech and my first thing is to figure out how the ecu controls and adjusts supposedly to mods made. Your last post has made my mind up to try and drill out baffles. If you don't mind me asking how did you do it. Size of drill,,,etc.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I drilled my baffles out about a month ago. Nothing needs to be removed or anything. The last drill bit I used was a 22 mm bit (or 7/8"). Before that I just took a few random bits and worked my way up. Of course the smaller ones still need to be long enough to reach the plugs!

·
Registered
32 Posts
#86 does the bike run ok? no lean issues,,, backfiring,,etc. A little crackle on decel is ok but other posts say it will actually backfiring. Did ecu adjust ok then and about how long did it take.

·
Registered
100 Posts
The ECU has no way of adjusting as without an O2 sensor on the exhaust it has no idea how much of the fuel is actually burned. The bike backfires a very small amount on deceleration or when the engine is braking the bike, but that is normal. The bike runs far too rich stock for this small change to have an impact as far as leaning it out. In the mean time I have upgraded my pipes and you definitely hear the backfiring now (I like the gurgling sound)!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts