Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
listen ,,fellow riders,,today is another sad day for our fellow brother and sisters,,I very dear friend of mine,,who I had lunch with yesterday with at Hooters,,was with his wife . They both owned Harleys he had a 08 softtail she had a 08 1200 sportster . Me and my son rode the Fury to Hooters they drove there blazer seeing they had to pick up there daughter from school later, But when Todd saw my new Bike, he was like wow,,,Lisa wanted to sit on it we talked about the bike and she was impressed. After we finished lunch and they put away a few beers Todd wanted to take his bikes out after they dropped off there daughter from school. Listen I hugged Lisa before we left , told her to make sure they waited awhile to ride,,well they didnt,,im balling here, ive known these people for a longtime, goto Bike nites,,he is a 1stsgt in the Marines , he is my brother we are family, Lisa was killed last nite, she lost control of her bike and hit a median. I just got the call... I really am not doing well with this. Good people, todd dogged me yesterday cause i wouldnt have a beer with him. I never drink when i riding with my kid, I usuallyt never drink and drive period. just a terrible tragedy. :(
My god be with Lisa and my thoughts and prayers are with Todd and his family

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Damn dude... sorry to hear about the loss... that breaks my heart to hear something like that happen... Send my wishes to his family! :(

Think we all take it for granted the days that we have here are numbered in one way or another sometimes, so hopefully his family can recover from their loss and heal themselves from this horrible tragedy.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
I didnt ride my bike yesterday because of the whole drinking thing. Sorry to hear about that Bill.

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
My deepest condolences. Prayers go up for you and your friend.

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
My prayers are with you and yours Bill. I know how it feels to lose someone close. You feel helpless and hurt. You are not alone as brothers and sisters abound. God bless.

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
WildBill,

My prayers are also with you and yours Bill. Painter expressed it well. Todd, his family and you and yours all need each other right now.......May God bless.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Sorry to hear about your lose, Our Prayers are with you.

·
Premium Member
13,706 Posts
deepest prayers you and your friends.my flag will fly half mast for the next week.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Really sorry to hear that Bill. My deepest sympathy and condolences. God be with your friend and her family.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Well just an update, Lisa was riding point came around a curve, it was raining, over shot the curve the bike came out from under her, she lost her helmut, she was only wearing a half, Todd said he tried to stop to help her but he saw her go one way and the bike go another by the time they found her it was too late, the crash happened near some woods, because todd was traveling too, by the time he got his bike to stop and back track where she might have went they couldnt find her. The bike was broken apart as if it was being junk, the motor seperated from the frame. Another sad part is Todd was arrested last nite, for DUI, and possible charges from the Marines for something we frowned apon, dont drink and drive, but more importantly dont let your friends drive drunk. He gave his wife the bullet to her gun last nite and has to live with the guilt, I told him at 4pm when we left hooters not to drive his bike when he got home, The accident happened at 10pm after they went home then got on there bikes and went to a bar to drink. I feel somewhat guilty that I didnt try to more to stop him , but what else could I have done. The problem that im having with this whole ordeal is the 3 years ive known Lisa,,who was a Sherrif deputy, and studying Criminal Law, was that she was never a touchy feely women,,dont touch me,,dont ask for a hug nothing but very nice to chat with,,as we were leaving Hooters, she opened her arms and looked at me and I said what? she goes , you gonna giveme a hug,,I looked at Todd he said go ahead hug the lady,,so i gave her a hug,,she was such a pleasant person, and was like she was saying goodbye in a way. we all had planned to ride sunday, her Viewing is saturday, crazy stuff,,my mind is like a movie camera in high speed right now,,thanks for letting me blow my steam,,you guys are awesome, and thanks,,,

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Hey friends if you ride,,,please know your limitations and elements around you, more importantly dont drink and drive,,,im telling you all this cause your my friends.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts