Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im sure its been asked but bear with me. I havent heard any furys with aftermarket exhaust in person so which is louder, the cobra swepts or the sampson hell raisers?

·
Registered
230 Posts
My bike is louder. I just completely removed the exhaust. Who needs it anyway?
i just make vroom vroom noises with my mouth to make up for the quiet stock exhaust...

hey RSS. you think Samsons with baffles in are louder than Cobra Swepts with baffles out??

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
i just make vroom vroom noises with my mouth to make up for the quiet stock exhaust...

hey RSS. you think Samsons with baffles in are louder than Cobra Swepts with baffles out??
Yup... heard them next to each other... :rolleyes: But, could have been biased too... don't think so though :eek:

My bike is louder. I just completely removed the exhaust. Who needs it anyway?
Rotfl.... :p

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
I've added some balloons in the rear wheel and clipped on a few baseball to the spokes up front. I get the looks and the sound and seems to work out well.

(Sampson's are louder and Cobras a close second)

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Im sure its been asked but bear with me. I haven't heard any fury's with aftermarket exhaust in person so which is louder, the cobra swept or the sampson hell raisers?
DO NOT GET THE COBRAS! If your looking for noise that is. I have them and I am very disappointed in the decibel level. I got them figuring "they can't be that quiet" But to me they are. They do sound good and they are probably as loud as your average aftermarket exhaust. They will not stand out tho.
Listen to this and you can tell they are not loud.

CobraUSA | Performance Motorcycle Exhausts | Fuel Management Systems | Made in America

Oh, I also took some clothes pins and some playing cards and set them up to smack against the spokes on the rims. Sounds like a rapping exhaust if you go fast.:D

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
DO NOT GET THE COBRAS! If your looking for noise that is. I have them and I am very dissapointed in the deciable level. I got them figuring "they can't be that quiet" But to me they are. They do sound good and they are probably as loud as your average aftermarket exhaust. They will not stand out tho.
Listen to this and you can tell they are not loud.

CobraUSA | Performance Motorcycle Exhausts | Fuel Management Systems | Made in America
My jardines are about the same loudness as the sampsons. With baffles i was 4th outa 7 in a loudest bike contest. I was 1 of 2 with baffles.

·
Registered
710 Posts
DO NOT GET THE COBRAS! If your looking for noise that is. I have them and I am very disappointed in the decibel level. I got them figuring "they can't be that quiet" But to me they are. They do sound good and they are probably as loud as your average aftermarket exhaust. They will not stand out tho.
Just my $0.02 worth of info. I HAD the Fuggin Mayhems. I absolutlely loved the sound. Sold them and got Cobra Swepts.....I've got 4000 miles on the Mayhems and 3000 on the Cobras....so I'm speaking with a bit of knowledge/experience here. The Mayhems burned my leg, that's why I got rid of them. The sound was very, very loud.....they DID have baffles....the sound exited the pipes not tooooo far from my head (ears is what I mean) and I HAD to wear ear plugs. The Cobras (baffles removed BEFORE original install) are at least as loud as the Mayhems. The sound is "deeper" in tone. Nice benefit the sound exits the pipes further back and are "easier" on my ears. Don't know about the Samsons......never heard them in person.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Just my $0.02 worth of info. I HAD the Fuggin Mayhems. I absolutlely loved the sound. Sold them and got Cobra Swepts.....I've got 4000 miles on the Mayhems and 3000 on the Cobras....so I'm speaking with a bit of knowledge/experience here. The Mayhems burned my leg, that's why I got rid of them. The sound was very, very loud.....they DID have baffles....the sound exited the pipes not tooooo far from my head (ears is what I mean) and I HAD to wear ear plugs. The Cobras (baffles removed BEFORE original install) are at least as loud as the Mayhems. The sound is "deeper" in tone. Nice benefit the sound exits the pipes further back and are "easier" on my ears. Don't know about the Samsons......never heard them in person.
Good description, concur... they sound is a lot like this, Samson's with the baffles out sound like a Harley with straight pipes, the Samson's sound better than the Cobra's IMO, but the tone is subject to opinion as everybody will have a different idea of what they like and what their pipes will sound like.

Best honest advice... do like a lot of us did, go visit the websites and YouTube (a few of us have video's on there ya know... ) and get a good feel of them from there, put on some decent headphones if you don't have a good stereo at home and then judge for yourself.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Just my $0.02 worth of info. I HAD the Fuggin Mayhems. I absolutely loved the sound. Sold them and got Cobra Swepts.....I've got 4000 miles on the Mayhems and 3000 on the Cobras....so I'm speaking with a bit of knowledge/experience here. The Mayhems burned my leg, that's why I got rid of them. The sound was very, very loud.....they DID have baffles....the sound exited the pipes not tooooo far from my head (ears is what I mean) and I HAD to wear ear plugs. The Cobras (baffles removed BEFORE original install) are at least as loud as the Mayhems. The sound is "deeper" in tone. Nice benefit the sound exits the pipes further back and are "easier" on my ears. Don't know about the Samsons......never heard them in person.
Agreed 100%.
I just like the look of the V2s better now.
Also, Please don't attack me on this anyone because I am only quoting. I don't personally know. Jimmy, maybe you can reply to this.
I have thought about removing the baffles but cobra states that you loose the performance (if there really is any added performance) by removing the baffles due to incorrect back pressure. That is what is holding me back. I certainly dont want my bike getting slower.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Jimmy, maybe you can reply to this.
I have thought about removing the baffles but cobra states that you loose the performance (if there really is any added performance) by removing the baffles due to incorrect back pressure. That is what is holding me back. I certainly dont want my bike getting slower.
I need to be honest.......the bike "pulled harder" with the Mayhems (baffles in) than the Cobras (baffles out). I didn't ride it at all with the Cobra baffles in, but I'm sure Cobra is correct....the engine "needs" some back pressure. Having said all that, I'm currently in the shop having the AFT high compression pistons and cam mods installed. When they are finished with the work, they will "dyno tune" the engine for the best performance. I'll report back then. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks for all the replies, I think im going with the samson's in the black! Hope I like them..

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
start attending some bike nites in your area. lots of nice sounds to drink to and you might hear your next new set of pipes out there.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have Samson Warlord II Steet Cannons. (The straight ones) They sound awesome. No offense to all who have Cobras, but I thought they were made cheeper, [when I checked one out at honda shop it only had 400 miles on it, and the chrome already started pitting; (probably from being left outside)] and it seems like 8 of 10 riders have them. Seems like most have curved also. I wanted something different. The straights seem more old school to me. However, I did scrape the very back end bottom side taking a rh turn a little to quick last weekend. On the underside can't see it unless you get on the ground and look up.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,704 Posts
I have Samson Warlord II Steet Cannons. (The straight ones) They sound awesome. No offense to all who have Cobras, but I thought they were made cheeper, [when I checked one out at honda shop it only had 400 miles on it, and the chrome already started pitting; (probably from being left outside)] and it seems like 8 of 10 riders have them. Seems like most have curved also. I wanted something different. The straights seem more old school to me. However, I did scrape the very back end bottom side taking a rh turn a little to quick last weekend. On the underside can't see it unless you get on the ground and look up.
my cobras have been on since may 22 2009.no pits at all.they also have a nice sound if you mod the baffs.just my 2 cents.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts