Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek: I lowered "Easy Grasshopper" (what my dad calls my Fury) with the L M spring. It is set to the High end but the frame and pipes (stock) scrape sometimes when turning into incline driveways. Is there anything I can put on the frame to save the paint? Skid plate or something?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Well, not really...what are you scraping and what is your weight as well? Did you make sure to pick the right spring for your weight? Sounds like you might have just picked the spring without contacting them with your weight.

On a side note, adding some titanium skid plates on the bottom, this will be a possible skid play that you are talking about and will help out with this issue. This will also cause some pretty sparks to flow out the back when you scrap, so make sure to YouTube it when the skid plate sparks pretty. ;) Otherwise, take the corners a little easier...

·
Registered
309 Posts
:eek: I lowered "Easy Grasshopper" (what my dad calls my Fury) with the L M spring. It is set to the High end but the frame and pipes (stock) scrape sometimes when turning into incline driveways. Is there anything I can put on the frame to save the paint? Skid plate or something?

Thanks
I think a few guys on the forum installed 2" or 3" fork extenders that resolved the frame scraping, but may not help the pipes from scraping...

I'm sure some of them will chime in with their experience.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! Yeah, I didn't think to tell them my weight, I just wanted something so my feet could actually touch the ground.

·
Premium Member
13,706 Posts
leave the rear low and throw a set of 3 inch extenders on front.

·
Premium Member
13,706 Posts
i am 250 and my wife is 150.i was scrapeing all the time till i put the extentions on.no more scrape.

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
Well, not really...what are you scraping and what is your weight as well? Did you make sure to pick the right spring for your weight? Sounds like you might have just picked the spring without contacting them with your weight.

On a side note, adding some titanium skid plates on the bottom, this will be a possible skid play that you are talking about and will help out with this issue. This will also cause some pretty sparks to flow out the back when you scrap, so make sure to YouTube it when the skid plate sparks pretty. ;) Otherwise, take the corners a little easier...
Listen, I weigh 240 and my ol lady weighs north of 120 and i ride with the L & M lowering spring. we dont scrape if we go slow enough up the driveway - just slow down. The spring isn't weight specific u can adjust it to ensure it has more or less give. So dont worry if a fat ass like me doesnt bottom out you'll be fine.

Did you make sure to pick the right spring for your weight? Sounds like you might have just picked the spring without contacting them with your weight
RSS are you serious bro??? LOL

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
And Yes I would also take advantage of the triple tree setup they have out right now. L & M is a good company to deal with and they have an awesome deal right now.

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Listen, I weigh 240 and my ol lady weighs north of 120 and i ride with the L & M lowering spring. we dont scrape if we go slow enough up the driveway - just slow down. The spring isn't weight specific u can adjust it to ensure it has more or less give. So dont worry if a fat ass like me doesnt bottom out you'll be fine.
RSS are you serious bro??? LOL
What he said, take it slow and at an angle into the driveway.

And, L&M - when last I bought my spring - stopped offering different weight-dependent springs. They only offered one style, though I do remember seeing when they offered a choice of three.

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts

Thanks
My Dad called it a Preying Mantis....

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
take advantage of L&M special on 8 degree triple trees, already brings the 3" extenders
not sure what an 8 degree triple tree does and my arms cant afford to to extend 3":confused:

so I'll loose weight and try to slow down.

Thanks for all the info

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
not sure what an 8 degree triple tree does and my arms cant afford to to extend 3":confused:

Thanks for all the info
LOL - the 3 in extenders extend the forks brother - u can still reach the handlebars.

The triple tree replacement changes the angle so the front tire is kicked out more - making the front longer and more "chopperish" lol

You can just buy the three inch extenders without the triple trees and that would definitely raise the front end up - and with the lowered rear end - it could compliment nicely IMCO.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts

Thanks for all the info
Okay... the 3" extenders are for your forks... they will raise the front end of the bike up and the back end a little bit so that it won't "scrap" as much as you are saying it is doing... besides that, follow what Rtrombone68 is saying :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts