Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tried running a search, but has anyone tried scrappin their speedo? just think it would look super clean with some risers and a drag bar. Seems like it would have to be customer bars and I wonder if the bike allows you to disconnect the speedo...

thx all

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
I wouldn't get rid of it, first I want to know my speed, second it's got the dummy lights on it, third turn signal indicators, fourth headlight status and I'm sure it's the law in most if not all places to have one. I believe it's RAW that's working on a new one with more options on it so you might want to check that out before ditching it all together.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
I sit corrected, thanks for correcting me, knew someone was coming out with one.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I know on my CBR600RR if you pluged the cluster the bike would not start. I dont know if it is the same on the Fury but its possible.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ extended warranty!

·
Registered
117 Posts
I was thinkin about tryin to find out if the Sabre gas tank would fit and doin away with stock speedo and going with the speedo on the sabre tank plus it would give us an extra gallon of gas.Same shape just a gallon bigger.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
I have never seen a saber or the tank on it, but if it's bigger your going to run into issues of the bars hitting it, guess you would have to get risers and that might do it.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Its wider and the speedo is mounted on the tank, the larger tank would be nice but I dont think it wold look good. What about the mirrors that diplay stuff like engine temp and stuff, I wonder if the can be configured to display speed...

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
it also has the welded ridges on the bottom sides.
Ack... hate those ugly things... one thing I truly love about the Fury is the lack of ridges... just a nice, clean tank.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I get a kick outa reading some of goofy ideas some guys come up with lol. Keep em coming, Ive got a huge sense of humor:D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Fury speedo

I bought the new speedo face from Low and Mean and I think it looks great! The bad news is that after 3 weeks or so of that change-out, my speedo (just the needle) no longer works. It went goofy for a few days sticking on 70mph one day (even at an idle) then 30 mph for awhile and now its froze on the 0 peg and doesn't do the flip thing when you turn the ignition on. I figure I'm screwed and a new speedo is $400 and UNLIKELY to happen. I am looking for either a tach or an aftermarket speedo that will mount up (electronically speaking) fairly easy. Any good advice out there?!

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
I would think that it has something to do with when you put it back together if it quit working after you installed the faceplate, I would recheck everything and maybe even unhook the battery to see if that resets it. L&M is fabbing up a new speedometer but it's not out right now, even if you did need a new one I would think you could find one off of a wrecked bike fairly cheap, but I would try to troubleshoot stuff first.

·
Registered
182 Posts
its the law in all 50 states that all street legal motorbikes must have a speedo, if its removed its now a race only, and not street legal. the new saber gas tank wont look right on the fury, and the mounts are diffrent.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
its the law in all 50 states that all street legal motorbikes must have a speedo, if its removed its now a race only, and not street legal. the new saber gas tank wont look right on the fury, and the mounts are diffrent.
IMHO it would look like a fat kid on a balance beam! Just not the right combo.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts