Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here it is, last night I walk out to my shed. It is one of those metal ones with the flimsey doors. With the winds we have been getting here I guess it blew the door down.(the big bad wolf). Anyway the top portion of the metal door fell on the rear fender of my bike and put a nice scratch/indention into it. Does anybody have any ideas to get it out? The scratch is about 2 inches in length and about a couple of milimeters thick. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
So here it is, last night I walk out to my shed. It is one of those metal ones with the flimsey doors. With the winds we have been getting here I guess it blew the door down.(the big bad wolf). Anyway the top portion of the metal door fell on the rear fender of my bike and put a nice scratch/indention into it. Does anybody have any ideas to get it out? The scratch is about 2 inches in length and about a couple of milimeters thick. Thanks in advance.
what color?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
well the rear fender comes off easily. 2 suggestions, 1st you could remove the fender and take it to a repair shop and maybe pay to have it buffed out and re painted, not sure where the scratch is located but some Vinyl decals to cover it might work. just a thought

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
If the scratch isn't tooooo deep the honda touch up paint might work sufficiently until you either have it repainted or possibly put a new fender style.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, I would love to do the sumo-x fix but the funds are low. I think I will try honda touch up paint and if that does not work maybe a decal.

·
Premium Member
1,467 Posts
Good reason to buy the soon to be released (we hope) Low & Mean rear fender.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Time to park your baby in the house lol. It just sounds to mean to leave your Fury out in those rough conditions its just wrong. You would'nt have your pet or child sleep out there would ya?

In all seriousness man that sux and I hope you find a good cheep fix man.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
After the CBR100RR lived in the kitchen in our townhouse for over a year and a half, the wife said if I moved it inside she would quit giving me my favorite pass time activity. I would catch my bike on fire before that:):)

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
After the CBR100RR lived in the kitchen in our townhouse for over a year and a half, the wife said if I moved it inside she would quit giving me my favorite pass time activity. I would catch my bike on fire before that:):)
Better build a better shed then.... :cool:

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Thanks guys, I would love to do the sumo-x fix but the funds are low. I think I will try honda touch up paint and if that does not work maybe a decal.
Jay,,, www.westonsigns.com you can get nice vinyl decals for less then 10 bucks to fabricate somehting to cover it. :D The one in my signature with the flag and Marine emblem is one im putting on my bike,,called a Tear out metal decal

1 - 14 of 14 Posts