Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed in some of your photos of HONDA CUSTOM RIDER seats what appears to be wrinkles in the LEATHER seating surface. Is this a common problem with the HONDA LEATHER seats or will ALL LEATHER seats do this? I currently have the STOCK HONDA seats and they look great (no wrinkles). I certainly want to avoid this issue if and when I make a seating change. Any advice or comments would be appreaciated.
I don't have any comfort issues with my stock seats like some of you have had. I would be looking to improve appearance and if I end up with wrinkles I would be disappointed.
THANKS
GARY

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
I think that looks like Snuffdog's seat, I think that's the only one I've seen with that fold in the leather. I'd be interested to know, too. Looks like a C&C.

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
I have seen several seats in my trips. what seems to be common so far is that the ones with wrinkles have been modded with gel or another foam product on top or cut into the factory foam. I have seen some that have been modded with gel installed under the factory foam,these have had no wrinkles

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I got the photo from Snuffdog's New Pics album. The seats appear to be Honda custom (flame design).

Richard1-I think you have the Honda Vector. Do you have this problem?

·
Registered
438 Posts
With real leather its normal. But most people have vinyl, that doesn't wrinkle.

·
Banned
622 Posts
gary. there are many factors that lead into wrinkles but when the pad and wrap has been done right there will not be any..even after riding 6 8 thousand miles when its been constructed the right way it will last for a long time..... wrinkles are formed when the material weather it be pleather or leather has to be pulled tight and the foam you use has to match in strength to hold up so that over time it doesnt break down and allow the material to get lose and cause the wrinkle ..... just make sure that if you olan on getting a seat done or buy one aftermarket you get a quality piece

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
No excuse for a seat to wrinkle up like that but it looks to me from the photo that it could be easy and quickly corrected by pulling the skin up and tighten the cover. Then again what the hell do I know maybe Tony could tell you how to fix it.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I think that looks like Snuffdog's seat, I think that's the only one I've seen with that fold in the leather. I'd be interested to know, too. Looks like a C&C.
doesn't look like any C&C to me looks like one of those OEM jobs they charge extra for. I have a C&C and it sure doesn't look like that :D

·
Registered
118 Posts
wrinkle cure

if you drink 2 six packs of beer, then you can't see the wrinkle. but then, come to think of it, you can't really recognize much.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Snuffdog rides his Fury sidesaddle?!

With all the posts I have seen about seats in general I thought I would have gotten a lot more replies to this.

I am not looking for suggestions on how to correct this issue. I am looking for comments from people who have purchased the Honda custom seats (like Snuffdog) and any other aftermarket seats to see who is having this issue so I can avoid purchasing the "problem seats".

THANKS AGAIN
GARY

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Richard1,
It looks like you have wrinkles in your Vector.
Care to comment?
This is the seat I was thinking about buying. Is yours giving you this problem right out of the box or is some type of modification causing this?

Snuffdog,
How about you? Out of the box or modified? You have the same seat as Richard-just a different design.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Garry, someone else had one of those new for sale, and I believe there was also a slight wrinkle in it out of the box. I think you would be better off with a C&C or similar for several reasons. Or have yours recovered with your own design.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
mental,
I read a number of posts about a C&C-I think it was the fastback-that had issues with sissy bar bolts and the rear seat mounting bolt being exposed. The last I read was that C&C was too busy to correct it. This would not be acceptable. I need a seat that will work with the Honda sissy bar and not have wrinkle or fitment issues.
Anyone willing to help me out here?
GARY

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
mental,
I read a number of posts about a C&C-I think it was the fastback-that had issues with sissy bar bolts and the rear seat mounting bolt being exposed. The last I read was that C&C was too busy to correct it. This would not be acceptable. I need a seat that will work with the Honda sissy bar and not have wrinkle or fitment issues.
Anyone willing to help me out here?
GARY
Gary, I'm in the same boat as you. I want a two up seat that doesn't show the bolts with the oem type sissybar mount. I'll most likely end up having the driver seat redone by Sick when I get the spare cash. I'm also hoping Schmud can come up with a taller teepee sissybar for the oem mounting system as well. The passenger seat comfort is not an issue with me since I bought a buttybuddy and a sheepskin covered gel seat to put on top of it for my wife. Works out well as I don't strap the buttybuddy seat down, but do strap the gel seat to the buttybuddy. I can hit all the bumps I want and it doesn't bother her, but the low sissybar does. You might want to try a local upholsterer (auto, etc) to put some thicker foam or airplane seat foam in yours.

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
Garry, someone else had one of those new for sale, and I believe there was also a slight wrinkle in it out of the box. I think you would be better off with a C&C or similar for several reasons. Or have yours recovered with your own design.
The two seats Richard and Snuff's that you refer to as an example have no more comfort than the stock seat you already have and I think you might be better off waiting a couple of weeks to view what Sick & Twisted is working on as another seat option for the two up. Sounds to me what Tony is presently working on may be a nice choice for you.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts