Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried any of these gel seat pads that can be bought on ebay. My wife and I are planning on going for a long ride but the seat hurts her. If these aren't good can anyone suggest a good one other than replacing the seat or replaceing the wife...I've tried that one:D

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Some swear by gel pads and others swear by adding better foam. Sounds like you are wanting to mod your stock seat? I have gone back and forth on this same issue.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
I bought one of the pads but the weather has been so bad here I cannot really tell if there is a difference. I think I will go with a C&C seat and should eliminate any questions to comfort based on what I have read on here.

Mike

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
There are websites out there that can help you with the installation of a gel pad and some more padding on the stock seat to make it more comfortable. I was considering it, but i decided that it wasnt what i really wanted in the end.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I went to an apolstery place today and they said that for the passenger seat there is nothing that can be done to make it softer by modding it...at least they were honest and didn't want to just take my money.

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Yeah, the passenger seat needs to be wider for it to be tolerable for long distance. Be careful on focusing on “softer”. If it is too soft, you will compress the foam and be riding on the pan after an hour or so. Look at a firmer first layer, followed by a softer top layer for comfort.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I'm going to get the gel seat pad for her, anything has to be better than just stock. I have the Honda sissy bar on there so it would be hard to get a new seat and cover up the holes from the sissy bar.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Yeah I went to an apolstery place today and they said that for the passenger seat there is nothing that can be done to make it softer by modding it...at least they were honest and didn't want to just take my money.
Did they say anything about gel inserts being added to the pass. seat? I ordered 2 inserts from C&C to install in my stock seats cause, like you, I don't want to replace seat only to have other items like the oem sissy bar not fit up. Now I've got my fingers crossed that the pass seat will accept one of them.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Check into the Butty Buddy. :D

So which is better the butty buddy with the suction cups or the one with out?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Thanks for the tip Mental...ordered it...got it...she loves it!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Did you get the one with suction cups or straps?
I got the one that straps over the seat...it's worth it. The wife and I did about 100 miles yesterday and she got off the fury without an ounce of pain, now I just need to fab a taller sissy pad. I would have had to replace the whole back fender and lose the oem sissy bar/pad if I went with the suction cups.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Have you considered short inserts made for bicycling? They usually provide excellent protection for the groin area and sit bones.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts