Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will never take a passenger but what about gear for long rides. I need to get a new seat, yes the stock seat sucks. But if I do a solo seat ( was thinking the mustang) Will gear scratch the paint on the fender? Or what are the other ideas?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gear will rub the paint. Without going into the expense of saddle bags, your best bet is a two up seat that you can strap luggage too. Bonus - some passenger/sissy bags can also provide you a backrest. Greater expense, a sissy bar with rack.
thanks, thats what I was thinking but I figured others had already experienced this.

·
Super Moderator
6,136 Posts
The C&C sport tour two up seat is a great option at a very reasonable price.

I have both the C&C Solo seat for when it's just me and the sport tour for when my wife comes along. If you decide to buy a C&C seat call Gin from Ginz Choppers as Gin we get you one for less than buying from C&C direct.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The C&C sport tour two up seat is a great option at a very reasonable price.

I have both the C&C Solo seat for when it's just me and the sport tour for when my wife comes along. If you decide to buy a C&C seat call Gin from Ginz Choppers as Gin we get you one for less than buying from C&C direct.
you have two seats? Thats a good idea. I will call them Thanks !!!

·
Administrator
3,967 Posts
I will never take a passenger but what about gear for long rides. I need to get a new seat, yes the stock seat sucks.
The stock seat rocks! :D

Options options options:
  • a custom pan with "nothing but cardboard" for padding, looks great.
  • a stock seat, a small backpack can rest on it (wear the backpack and loosen the straps)
  • Danny Gray Buttcrack, a medium backpack can rest on it (wear the backpack, loosen the straps)
  • stock seat with OEM passenger pillion, a large backpack can rest on it (wear the backpack and loosen the straps)
  • C&C Sport Tour, pretty darn large and passengers love it (though you don't plan on passengers, bungi-netting smaller packs works)
  • aftermarket seat and backrest, stuff can bungi-net to
  • aftermarket seat and backrest with plug-in luggage rack, you now can go camping
  • add saddle bags....no. Get a touring bike. :confused:

·
Administrator
3,967 Posts
@WI_Hedgehog
Whats wrong with saddle bags? I can fit a coke AND a candy bar it mine 😁
A man walks into a bar and orders a drink. The bartender gives the man his drink and the man asks "If I show you something crazy, would let me have free drinks for the rest of the night?"

The bartender thinks for a minute and then says "it would to be something spectacular to take that offer." The man leans down and picks up a box and sets it on the bar. He opens the box and inside is a small piano man, whom is only 1 foot tall, and beside him a little piano. The piano man starts playing classical music like Beethoven and Chopin.

Once he finishes, the bartender is in utter disbelief. He tells the man "You can have free drinks for the rest of the night, but only if you tell where you got this." The man says "In the alley way behind your bar, there is a Genie who is granting free wishes to everyone who wants them." Elated, the bartender heads behind his bar to see if it was true.

A few minutes passed and out of the alleyway erupts a cacophony of quacking. The bartender rushes back into the bar and shuts his door against a wave of thousands of ducks. He manages to secure the door and says to the man "I think that the Genie is hard of hearing, because after I asked for a million bucks, these ducks appeared by the thousands."

The man chuckles and says "Did you really think I wished for a 12 inch pianist?"

·
Registered
66 Posts
I will never take a passenger but what about gear for long rides. I need to get a new seat, yes the stock seat sucks. But if I do a solo seat ( was thinking the mustang) Will gear scratch the paint on the fender? Or what are the other ideas?
After having the bike a few days I could not agree more, that seat sucks, at least for me. Also looking for a different seat with the same concerns. Keep me/ us posted on what you choose.

·
Registered
12,658 Posts
thanks, thats what I was thinking but I figured others had already experienced this.
I bought the C&C fastback. To me, it looks better than the 2up and it has worked really well to haul gear on trips. Also works fine for an emergency passenger should the need arise. This is not my bike. It's a picture from the C&C website. Also, mine does not have the stitching. Mine is just smooth without the pattern.

Attachments

·
Administrator
3,967 Posts
I bought the C&C fastback. To me, it looks better than the 2up and it has worked really well to haul gear on trips. Also works fine for an emergency passenger should the need arise. This is not my bike. It's a picture from the C&C website.
Totally agree. (y)
You should sell her yours since it's unused. :ROFLMAO:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts