Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Given the lack of space on the Fury. Anyone managed to fit an alarm ?

I've recently bought a SPY 5000m Two Way motorcycle alarm, with microwave sensor (a.k.a. proximity sensor). The proximity sensor can be set from 1inch to 6ft, allegedly, and can be disabled \ enabled independently from the main features. My intention is to test it as a shield for my garage. Yet to fit it as I'm trying to figure out the best place to put it on the bike. The alarm also comes with auto engine start, immoboliser, and anti-hijacking up to 100m i.e. you can kill the engine if feature enabled.
Bought it from : Advanced V3 motorcycle alarm / immobiliser system. Very long range 2- way / paging system. Microwave proximity detection. | Motorcycle Alarms/ Motorbike Alarm and Immobiliser Systems - www.motorbikealarm.co.uk
The owner of this site was very helpful... he has re-written the instructions and when you order if you state your make and model of bike he will pencil in the instructions which wire colours to splice. Battery drain is a mere 7ma - 11ma whilst active.

YouTube - SPY 5000M MOTORCYCLE ALARM WITH REMOTE ENGINE START
YouTube - Spy 5000m Review

I also use ground anchors with carbon steel chains and hardened steel u-padlocks, garage defender, and over night and alarm mines when away from home. Alarm mines us a trip wire to fire a blank shotgun cartridge. :D

Maybe I'm paranoid... :(
 

· Registered
Joined
·
2,385 Posts
Looks like you might ba able to mount the Box by the battery Like the FMU's get mounted (on cover or strapped to battery, Horn can go in back (front side of back fender, i think predator or someone mounted a Nautilus horn there to move the OEM horn) and antenna under the tank.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
219 Posts
Alarm System

I am running a Scorpio 3 on mine and it fit well. The module is velcro'd to the inside front of my left side cover. Prox sensor is under the seat. I am impressed witht he adjustable prox sensor as it keeps the "close" looky-loos at a distance. Pretty simple install and easy to fit. The 9mm also fits well in the tool bag!!:eek:
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
2,497 Posts
To be honest have never had an alarm on anything i have ever owned, I have bought over 15 new cars/trucks Boats now my bike. 99% of people who hear an alarm don't care and the other 1% you probably could not hear it ;) Thats why they have insurance :cool: If it comes to protecting my family you will die or kill me to invade or hurt us otherwise it's just stuff !!!
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top