Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oil filter wrench, to big. Oil drain pan, to high. Keeping bike straight up pain in the ass. Valves, in speck, just kind of PITA to get to. Got it done, very happy, saved a bundle.

On a side note. When I went around the block to get things all warmed up I had this kid yelling out his moms minivan window. I turned to see what he wanted, he was hanging out of the van with moms cell phone, wanting me to slow down a bit so he could take a pic. I felt so awesome at that point in time.:D

· Registered
480 Posts
A Pepsx stand helps too.... PepsX

· Registered
480 Posts
It Gets Really Easy With Gar's Nifty Difty Automatic Oil Change Riser!

Come on now Gar, that thing doesn't turn any wrenches now does it? :)
A bit pricey I bet too....

· Premium Member
702 Posts
That was for my 600 mile service. I was told the reason it was so much was the valve adjustment. Although $87 is just over what the stealership here charges for one hour of labor. They said it was a 3 1/2 hour job (3.5 * 85 = 297.50) + parts and disposal.

· Registered
3,093 Posts
That was for my 600 mile service. I was told the reason it was so much was the valve adjustment. Although $87 is just over what the stealership here charges for one hour of labor. They said it was a 3 1/2 hour job (3.5 * 85 = 297.50) + parts and disposal.
shop rates here are clearly marked as $90 an hour. It gets expensive to live here in NYC.:cool:

· Registered
710 Posts
I know you guys don't have any control over what dealerships charge, but I would really shop around.

Some of ya'll are REALLY getting ripped off. My 600 mile checkup was under 100 bux.

My dealership here in Scottsdale charges 29.95 for oil change and honda filter.....PLUS my hands stay clean.....I hate getting "screwed" unless by some hottie.....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.