Honda Fury Forums: banner

61 - 80 of 83 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,894 Posts
I got a 4" or so refractor from Orion back then, because my viewing site was so dark, and I wanted tracking motors that wouldn't break the bank. My buddy got an 8" reflector from Orion as well, and that's a nice rig for sure. Bottom mounted, and yeah, he follows a lot of stuff especially at higher power. Plus while he can see deeper stuff than I can, his images tend to wash out making the details on Deep Space Objects harder to see. He also has a 9.25" Schmitt from Celestron from the 80s but that thing's a mess, even when it's collimated. It sure is handy to have a large club here in town, I've learned a bunch from these guys!

·
Premium Member
1,184 Posts
I've always wanted around a 12" Dobsonian reflector with auto tracking, but they are so damned expensive for a good one. All I have is a little 4" reflector that has a shitty spotter and I of course have to chase the object across the sky which gets tiresome. That's why I haven't taken it out for so long.
I had a shitty 3" or 4" reflector as a kid and spent hours staring into the night sky but don't recall seeing any of the planets... maybe Venus or Mars. Mostly stared at the moon and dreamed of going there. Biggest astronomical thrill of my life was meeting John Glenn... definitely a hero of mine from those childhood telescope days.

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
Does this mean you won't ride with me and my dirty bike when you come to visit? Yes, I literally haven't washed it in..........3 years....???..... I guess maybe all the extra weight of the bug guts might slow me down some, but it seems to run very well. I keep the inside clean with clean oil and clean air filter, so as long as it operates well, I'm not too worried about it. I gave up on cleaning the wheels a long time ago. Brake dust all over them.

Believe it or not, I may have been worse than you way back when I was younger. Whatever bike I had back then, when we would stop for fuel or whatever, I'd have a rag and wipe down the bike before we hit the road again. On impact a grasshopper exploded all over the bike and I almost committed suicide.
No, I'll still ride with you. It's all good! :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
What is happening to this Forum ? ? ? :confuzed: :confuzed: :confuzed:

The sincere remarks of the original poster about his lovelife is now being de-railed into star gazing ?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Do you clean inside the exhaust tips? I do
I actually don't because of the way the heat shields cover the actual pipes on the cobra exhaust. Otherwise you bet i would, glad to see I'm not the only clean freak here.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Reactions: WI_Hedgehog

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'm inland about 2 hours, and if it wasn't for all the farms and water brought in, this would be a desert. Hot, super dry (we hit 5% humidity once, and that was weird. Hurt to go outside.), great for motorcycling and astronomy!
There's few things Bakersfield is known for. Dry heat and drugs.... lots of drugs

·
Registered
130 Posts
And more ******** than Beaumont! :D

Don't forget our legendary pollution, either. I would probably choke if I moved somewhere with clean air now.
I don't know about more smog but you guys definitely have more illegals up there because of the farms

Reactions: Soup

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Haven't posted a picture since I got the ECU reflash, the Cobra slip on exhaust, and the Baron's Big Air Kit intake.
Really want the chrome engine dress up kit but having a hard time finding the right model # anywhere, got to find some new old stock somewhere.

Attachments

·
Registered
130 Posts
She's looking real good bro

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Off-site link appeard unharmful, click at your own risk)
Actually, the love or sex is the same as the star-gazing. They are strong and beautiful experiences, but they end quickly. This is life, now everyone tries everything and at once, to feel that they have lived. And by the way, my opinion about that love story is that angry sex can't lead to divorce, but if your relationship gets worse, I advise you to read What to Do About Deep Loneliness Post-Divorce and try to change the situation.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Actually, the love or sex is the same as the star-gazing. They are strong and beautiful experiences, but they end quickly. This is life, now everyone tries everything and at once, to feel that they have lived. And by the way, my opinion about that love story is that angry sex can't lead to divorce, so be happy in your marriage.
I think you tripped and fell into the wrong forum there Haas. Might have hit your head on the way down too, might wanna get that checked out.

Reactions: Gizmo

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
I wouldn't understand no matter what. I'm not gonna' turn down sex even if my dick was chromed.
Calling my local chromer to see if this is a possibility

61 - 80 of 83 Posts