Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey is it possible to add oil to the Fury shock? A friend was working on his and he lost a little bit of oil moving it around and now the bike is bottoming out...

Any thoughts or ideas.... Hoping the shock is not bad :confused:

Thanks

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Did he lose it out of the shock or out of the spring adjuster, the thing that the hose attaches too on top of the spring?

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I emailed him and asked to be sure it was from the hose but I believe that's what he said.... I do know that it was bottoming out pretty bad today so we need to get it fixed.

Appreciate the replies guys!

·
Super Moderator
6,731 Posts
I bet it is the spring adjuster and not the shock. Clueless had a post on this the other day.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bet it is the spring adjuster and not the shock. Clueless had a post on this the other day.
I do know he was moving the shock around to get to the fuel pump so I think your right

I'll confirm when he replies to my email....

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I Confirmed, Yes, he loosened the hose to get to the Fuel pump and quickly tightened it back up when he noticed the oil coming out.

He lives in the sticks and his air card is not working too well right now so emails are delayed a bit.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I did the same but a little worse when I first bought my fury . I found a dealer that will fix it by adding oil but bleed it as well. You need to get the air out . I wish I could kick my self in the balls ! Lol...

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I did the same but a little worse when I first bought my fury . I found a dealer that will fix it by adding oil but bleed it as well. You need to get the air out . I wish I could kick my self in the balls ! Lol...
Ouch!!!

He's gonna be adjusting the valves here shortly so he's gonna try and fix it then....

I appreciate all the info from everyone...and so does he...

Thank you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts