Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if a fury shock is the same as a sabre shock ?

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
Anyone know if a fury shock is the same as a sabre shock ?
No they are different... The only model that has the pre load adjustment knob is the Fury... All the other VT1300 models have preload adjustment nuts at the top of the spring that require a spanner wrench and you have to grind a lil weld down to make them move because Honda decided to make them non adjustable because they didn't want to be responsible for any mishaps... Lol

Just curious... Why do you ask???

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
The only model that has the pre load adjustment knob is the Fury... All the other VT1300 models have preload adjustment nuts at the top of the spring that require a spanner wrench and you have to grind a lil weld down to make them move because Honda decided to make them non adjustable because they didn't want to be responsible for any mishaps
My guess is Honda thought Fury riders to be capable enough to handle an extra knob.:grin:

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
Anyone have a stock Fury shock laying around.
Need eye to eye length, bushed end I.D., clevis end I.D. and clevis opening width.
Thanx,
Paul

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Anyone have a stock Fury shock laying around.
Need eye to eye length, bushed end I.D., clevis end I.D. and clevis opening width.
Thanx,
Paul
You can scroll through this thread of mine, there are some measurements in there:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts