Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New rider here, rode an old BSA long ago, and taking the MSF next week.

I was going to go for an old Vulcan or Shadow, but someone showed me a picture of the fury, and it was just too sexy... so I’m looking at a 2010 for my first bike.

My only concern is fit. There are none nearby for me to sit on right now. Any short riders out there Who can tell me if this bike is awkward?

I’m 5’4”, but I’m a former power lifter, so I’m quite strong. The Vulcan I checked out the other day felt light when I took it off the kickstand, and it’s not much lighter than the Fury.

·
Registered
2010 Sabre of Fury
322 Posts
THe low seat height should work for you just not sure about the foot controls.

·
Premium Member
1,528 Posts
You will love the Fury. Be aware that it does have a wider turn radius but you will adjust to that quickly and the 2010 did have a issue with the fuel pump. Have fun and ride safe.

·
Registered
690 Posts
You will definitely be stretching your legs and arms. As far as weight, this is the best balanced bike I've ever rode. It's around 700lbs, but you wouldn't know it. I'm 6'3" and the stock configurations were surprisingly comfortable. I couldn't leave anything stock. The Fury has an hypnotic draw though.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Awesome bike to start with. Go big or go home.
I was 65 when I bought it and figured it would be the only motorcycle I'd own. Why learn and get used to riding a bike I did not want and have to relearn on another? I'm 6'-2" and so glad the Fury "fit" me the first time I tried one on for size at the dealership...way better than the Harley 500 I had to use in my safe rider classes.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
I don't know about the foot pegs, but some handle bar risers will pull them back, make the reach easier.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't know about the foot pegs, but some handle bar risers will pull them back, make the reach easier.

Yeah I haven't sat on one yet. Closest one to me is 6 hours away, being sold on consignment so I will only have sales tax to deal with.

Once I see how I do in the safety course this week I'll make my final decision andfigure out the peg situation. I got a fever, and the only cure is more tank lol

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dang. according to cycleergo.com, I’m too short for the Fury. I’ll have my welder buddy re-mount the controls if I have to lol

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
My friend if the fury dont work out you could always go with the honda pcx150 .
ROFL. Never!

I can always get the seat re-done so I’m a bit more forward, or get my friend who’s a welder to reposition the controls just a tad. Apparently CycleErgo shows a minimum heightof 5’6” for the fury, with a 29” inseam. I’m 1” shy of the inseam. Not enough to run me off lol.

·
Premium Member
1,528 Posts
ROFL. Never!

I can always get the seat re-done so I’m a bit more forward, or get my friend who’s a welder to reposition the controls just a tad. Apparently CycleErgo shows a minimum heightof 5’6” for the fury, with a 29” inseam. I’m 1” shy of the inseam. Not enough to run me off lol.
you need to check with this guy, he does awesome custom work.

Reactions: Kbuskill

·
Registered
452 Posts
ROFL. Never!

Whatever it takes, man. Go for it! It's one cool-ass bike. My son and I took the bikes out to grab some lunch Friday at one of his favorite watering holes. Sitting at an outdoor table we spotted a nice lookin' turquoise & white Indian in the parking lot. Turns out it belongs to one of the regulars he knows who stopped by our table to chat. Asked my son where his bike was. "It's the second one behind yours, next to my dad's." The guy said, "I really like that blue one!" At a light on the way home, a dude in a pickup, "Nice bike, man!" I gave the throttle a twist to let the pipes respond to his comment. Thumb up, a nod of his head, and a big smile. It's nice being the owner of a bike getting the deserved attention. Nothin' but smiles here!

·
Premium Member
2,910 Posts
There are a couple of custom guys we can point you to, of course. Hope that it works out for you, we love ours too! Welcome from California!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks, guys. Waiting to hear back from the dealer re: my offer and from MSF course to see if that's going forward.

·
Registered
2010 Sabre of Fury
322 Posts
You made and offer before seeing or trying her out?
Are you seeing if you can afford her before making the trip?

Reactions: Wolverine

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Seeing if they'll take a 5k offer, would be close to 6k taxes in. Yeah, wanna make sure they'd take my offer before heading all that way. I dont have the license yet, and the MSF class might get cancelled, so I want to have all the ducks in place. A biker friend offered to ride it home for me, though I might just rent a truck and haul it.

·
Premium Member
1,528 Posts
Rent a truck or trailer. 6 hours on a Fury is not for the faint of heart or butt even for a seasoned rider.

But if you do ride it home take pics and document mentally as much as you can, I want to read the story.

·
Registered
2010 Sabre of Fury
322 Posts
If it's been awhile since you road at a high rate of speed for hours.
I would definitely take the advice of FURY-S1, Trailer her home.👍
Your gonna be a little unsure of yourself a little shaky you know.🤔
I know I was. It had been 30 years😳
Better safe than sorry. 🤕

1 - 20 of 24 Posts