Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
May be old news, but I found a nice bag for all those times I just need a little space for extras or a sixer. Got it from sideroadcycles.com-nice leather bag that's tough and fits just right in front of the side mounted plate. These guys do great work and have excellent customer service.

Have fun out there!
Vehicle Motor vehicle Wheel Auto part Automotive exhaust

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are 4 leather straps with buckles. Bottom 2 go around the swing arm, top 2 around the framing under the fender. Bottom 2 are almost enough to hold the bag up, though.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I love that bag. Leatherworks 5"? I have had mine for about a year, and just now figured out it has an inside pocket!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bag Rear

It does sit fairly close to the bike, depending on how much slack you give it. They have longer straps just for the Fury.
Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tire

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, Just happened to notice the inside pocket. The shorter bag doesn't have one. They recommend getting the shorter bag if you have a side mount plate, but as you can see it fits just fine on the Fury.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here's that closeup. It looks like it touches the fender, but it hangs away a little. The swingarm does most of the work.

Vehicle Car Minivan

·
Registered
351 Posts
Make sure you protect your paint with something on that top corner, and the swingarm. Some clear protective vinyl or something. I put it on mine before I installed yet after reading other member's issues with that.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I used two sided velcro strip through the helmet lock, giving three points of contact. That's also what I used around the swingarm. Didn't get a warm fuzzy with the leather straps.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That would work great. I'll have to pick some of that up. Has your bag held up well? Mine seems really tough and well made.

·
Registered
351 Posts
It has been a great bag. Still looked new until I dragged it the other day. Made a bracket for it (got it too low the first time), but I think I will be mounting it back to the swingarm. I like the tighter look to the bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ouch, that's gotta suck. Low bikes look nice but you always have that danger of leaning too far. I scraped my left peg the other day in a turn.

So do you weld? That's something I've wanted to learn for a while. It's nice to be able to make parts when you need to.

Post some pics when you get it back on.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I took it to work where my buddy is a welder. I can do it, but it wouldn't turn out very nice. Got the idea from Redline for the bracket, but it seems it didn't turn out as good as his. After getting irritated (because I scraped), I man handled the hell out of it to bring it up while it was mounted on the bike. It's in a better position, so I don't think I'll mess with it until I can find an upholsterer or someone who can fix my bag.

What do you want pics of Joker?

·
Registered
7,740 Posts
I like it. To protect the paint, I suggest a little 3m clear tape. I often do that to protect my fender from sissybar bag mounting straps, and under the bag to protect it from rubs. Peels right off when you don't need it. I've even used self-laminating sheets cut to the size you want, it works great.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts