Honda Fury Forums: banner

Sissy Bar and Back Rest

20K views 37 replies 23 participants last post by  dock 
#1 ·
Have any of you put a Sissy Bar with the backrest on your Fury? If so how bad does it mess up the lines of the bike?

#2 ·
I was worried about the same thing. I haven't received mine yet, but I did order them ;) I guess we'll see what happens. If it looks bad, I'll just return the parts.

#11 ·
I think it looks pretty cool without taking away much.Do you think there is enough sticking up to mount a barrel bag or something of the sort to fit some coats in.Of course you would have to get some fender protection somehow.Too bad Honda doesn't make a real small rack to go with it.

#16 ·
I did install it myself, two things to note. First, I had trouble finding a 20mm bit to drill through the fender. Apparently no one in my area carries it (I did find it online) and since I'm impatient I used a standard and worked the hole big enough for the sleeves to fit through. That worked fine.

Secondly, I had a concern with the way it laid on the bike. In the picture it's a little hard to see, but the sissy bar chrome runs under the rear seat and stops shy of the front saddle.

The ends of the sissy bar lay on the fender and with vibration/use it's going to ruin the paint pretty quickly, not to mention I couldn't get a bungee to hook under it. To fix that problem, I bent the front facing mounting brackets downward to lift the bar off of the fender. My dealership told me that could potentially weaken the sissy bar mounting bracket and where that is probably true, I only bent it slightly and that seemed to do the trick.

I suppose you could probably use a couple of washers to raise it up, but I didn't.

Aside from that, it was a quick install.

#24 ·
I'm with ya. My girlfriend keeps complaining that she feels like she is going to slide off. I sucked it up and bought the sissy bar and pad. I wish they had an exhaust out for the fury, then I could just rev the bike and act like I didn't hear her.

#22 ·
Do you have the LED lights in the spoiler? If so any thoughts?
I didn't do the LEDS, more of a budget constraint then anything. Please post when you get yours in and take a few pictures if you don't mind. I'm most interested in where it draws the power from.

Also, I posted this somewhere else in this forum, the spoiler sits kinda sloppy (someone else observed the same thing). I used over-sized washers to help secure it, I would suggest the same for you when you do the installation. I'm also wondering if maybe the LED kit helps secure the spoiler... I'll be curious to see how your install goes.

#25 ·
i got the sissy bar in today. was kinda looking at instructions on install. i do not like having to drill holes in fender because then u wouldn't be able to remove when riding solo a have a clean fender. is their any way to install to the back seat for a clean fender look for solo riding.

#26 ·
I'm sure you could fab something up. You could also get the chrome cover that honda makes to sit on the rear fender where the passenger seat is. That would cover the holes. I'm just going to leave the sissy bar and passenger seat on after I install them next week.

#35 ·
Everything about the bike's design looks like it was to be ridden solo. The after thought was " hey we better add a seat so that the wives will not think the hubby wants to ride without her. Might improve sales. BUT lets make it so scary ( short sissy bar, back slant seat ) that she will only do it once!" Then they make it easy to remove the back pegs and hide it so it does not show. They made the cover for the seat but forgot the hole covers for the sissy bar removal! But the fender cover does though somewhat resemble a small carrier rack! My kinda designer!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.