Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this is my first attempt at fabricating a sissy bar.

I'm happy with the brackets, they are solid and subtle. I think they'll be barely noticable when painted and the sissy bar is removed. I have the RAW tailight, but this set up will work for the OEM tailight as well.

As for the Bar...ehh, it's ok, I have something much better in mind. Something worth of the FURY!

1st pic shows how the bracket connects to the frame.
2nd pic shows the bracket with the fender down.
3rd pic is obviously of the sissy bar.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
make me one!!, I want that BAR!!!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
make me one!!, I want that BAR!!!
Just sent you a PM. that pic is on my bike without a Tmod...it will probably angle back further on your bike, but I made a jig so I can duplicate it pretty easily with a slighter angle...or larger angle for that matter.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Sissy bar and mount

I'm interested as well if your making multiple sets. I also have the t-mod. The only difference is I have the L&M rear fender, not that should make a difference.

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
Very good job jeff. keep up the good work.
but I warn you, these guys will want LOTS of pictures.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Nice job Stay!! Another enterprizing fury rider, very good;)
Powder coat or chrome?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm interested as well if your making multiple sets. I also have the t-mod. The only difference is I have the L&M rear fender, not that should make a difference.
Sure, now that I have everything worked out, I'll be able to duplicate them. I'll be working on MFR's this Saturday, after that I can work on one for you.

I just sent your a PM regarding the width of the bottom of the L&M Fender.

The sissy bar options are pleanty, my brother fabricates custom metal stair railings and his supplier has round, square, hammered, twisted bars as well as premade spades, crosses, fleurs, etc. Pretty cool stuff.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice job Stay!! Another enterprizing fury rider, very good;)
Powder coat or chrome?
I have a list of local powder coaters and chromers that I'm going to call today for pricing. I'll keep you guys posted on what I find, I know we're all interested in quality, affordable chromers!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Stay Focused

Looks great... I have been looking at the Ginz, but cringe at the thought of drilling into her.... Pm me once you get some free time and I will shoot you some ideas and you can let me know if they are doable and at what price..

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Stay Focused

Looks great... I have been looking at the Ginz, but cringe at the thought of drilling into her.... Pm me once you get some free time and I will shoot you some ideas and you can let me know if they are doable and at what price..
PM sent, drop me a line or give me a call and we can figure out if it is possible.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Very cool. Love this section, we have had a few customers come to us to make such a setup. But sadly enough we just don't have the time to make it right and for a good price. BUT I think it's even cooler when members help members build there bikes. Seriously love this section, keep up the good work you guys!
LM

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
That's what I'm talkn' about!!!!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Very cool. Love this section, we have had a few customers come to us to make such a setup. But sadly enough we just don't have the time to make it right and for a good price. BUT I think it's even cooler when members help members build there bikes. Seriously love this section, keep up the good work you guys!
LM

Wow, very cool!

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
The way Jeff does it you use the existing bolts to mount the bar.
No drilling and no clamps to wear away the paint.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
For members who don't wanna drill the frame....maybe you can use a nut & bolt clamp system on the frame rails??
Steve is right, he should know...he helped design it!

We use the same holes as the taillight. When using the OEM taillight, the hardware bolts directly to the taillight through the existing holes in the frame.

When using an aftermarket taillight, like RAW's run/turn/break, the hardware runs through the existing holes in the frame, through the existing holes in their taillight and bolted on.

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
I am sporting a Stay Focused sissy bar now :cool::cool: and will be selling my Oem chromed if anyone is interested!!

·
Registered
555 Posts
So this is my first attempt at fabricating a sissy bar.

I'm happy with the brackets, they are solid and subtle. I think they'll be barely noticable when painted and the sissy bar is removed. I have the RAW tailight, but this set up will work for the OEM tailight as well.

As for the Bar...ehh, it's ok, I have something much better in mind. Something worth of the FURY!

1st pic shows how the bracket connects to the frame.
2nd pic shows the bracket with the fender down.
3rd pic is obviously of the sissy bar.
are you still making these????
and will they support a passengers weight ????

1 - 20 of 22 Posts