Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just sent a quick request to Ginz re: a detachable clamp for their sissy bars on our Furys.
Got a response stating that they were 'working on it' and would have something out in a month.

I didn't want another add-on that required holes to be drilled in the rear fender.
I described my config to them (Cobra luggage rack) and asked for a similar clamp that is offered for HD owners that allows them to install detachable clamps on their racks and then the s/b to the clamps.

No holes--no pain.

we'll see.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Nice! Way to go on getting Ginz to come up with something specifically for the Fury. I wouldn't even mind seeing one that used the OEM holes since quite a few have that installed already, can't wait to see what they come up with, thanks for updating us on this.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Awesome! May order one after all :D :D :D Didn't want to ruin my new painted fender with holes, so this would be absolutely perfect! Maybe they could use a hook and play system where it hooked around the fender and attached to the frame shell underneath the fender. hmmm

·
Registered
630 Posts
Maybe they could do someting like the plug and play for harleys. I got one on ebay coming, should be here anyday now. Fits under seat using existing holes. If it ever gets here I am hoping to mod it to fit me lady.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Awesome! May order one after all :D :D :D Didn't want to ruin my new painted fender with holes, so this would be absolutely perfect! Maybe they could use a hook and play system where it hooked around the fender and attached to the frame shell underneath the fender. hmmm
You know I was thinking the same thing after I posted my last comment, I was thinking why couldn't they make some type of bracket that attached to the fender frame underneath, or some type of clamps that clamp onto the fender, which I guess you would have to be pretty careful as to not do any damage that route.

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
Maybe they could do someting like the plug and play for harleys. I got one on ebay coming, should be here anyday now. Fits under seat using existing holes. If it ever gets here I am hoping to mod it to fit me lady.
Got any links or pics of what you have coming?

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
If you're looking for something to replace the OEM backrest and can get that cheaper then great, but to me it doesn't look any taller than the OEM and personally I don't care for the bracket on that one, I thought I seen others use that bracket and backrest and it pushed the passenger seat up some which didn't look good IMO. I'll wait a while until someone either makes one to not drill any new holes or uses the OEM backrest holes.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Gonna try and fit it to the main saddle and pass seat hole. The backrest in the picture is not the one i would use. Gonna try and fit a raptor bar or have a custom one made to fit. around 12 inches.

Really want to, with my limited abilities, do something to contribute and in the same time make the bike not such a immitation of what everyone else has done. Starting to feel like its a Mr. Potato head. lol.

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
Gonna try and fit it to the main saddle and pass seat hole. The backrest in the picture is not the one i would use. Gonna try and fit a raptor bar or have a custom one made to fit. around 12 inches.

Really want to, with my limited abilities, do something to contribute and in the same time make the bike not such a immitation of what everyone else has done. Starting to feel like its a Mr. Potato head. lol.
I can certainly understand that! When you get'er done, show us a pic....I'd like to see what you come up with!:cool:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Ginz Choppers working on universal mount

Whats up Guy's,

I was recently lucky enough to let Ginz take over my bike for the past 2 weeks so that he could create the proper mount for his sissy bars on the Fury. I'm super stoked to offer him my bike because Ginz only makes the finest custom sissy bars. I'm going with the Hell Bent Bar Hopper in Gloss black along with a pad. Since completing Tony's Mod the wife has been a little shy of rides. This will be the answer to get her back on with me. Sissy bars for Custom Bikes, Harley Davidson and Metric bikes

Stay tuned for pic's and write up in the next week. hehehe :D

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Whats up Guy's,

I was recently lucky enough to let Ginz take over my bike for the past 2 weeks so that he could create the proper mount for his sissy bars on the Fury. I'm super stoked to offer him my bike because Ginz only makes the finest custom sissy bars. I'm going with the Hell Bent Bar Hopper in Gloss black along with a pad. Since completing Tony's Mod the wife has been a little shy of rides. This will be the answer to get her back on with me. Sissy bars for Custom Bikes, Harley Davidson and Metric bikes

Stay tuned for pic's and write up in the next week. hehehe :D
details man, details! is it a "drill into the fender" mount or a variaton of the detachable rack mount?

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
what if...
you remove the passenger pegs and have a sissybar built to fit in their place.
no drilling.

the mount is already capable of handling a good amount of weight.
the bar would be attached in a similar fashion, bolted. I want a sissybar that supports my back.
a back pad would have enough thickness to fill the void created by the push* angle.

*i.e. the bar would be leaning a tad out of alignment with your back. the pad would fill that void.
If you don't want a pad, you've got a bar to hold your backpack or gear bags, etc.

I'm just sayin'...think about it.

added: after removing said pegs i placed some pvc tubing in the mount. I'll need to weld some channel iron, maybe a 2" piece to the top of the peg mount. drill out for some bolts to run through it and the sissybar feet.
this is very do-able.
i'll take some pix of the mock up--I ain't got nuttin' but an idea for now.

p.s. used a dremel to grind off the rust on my old man's ratchet (prior post). looks ok now. he's smilin' again, Kiowa.;)

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
I'm glad to hear you got the tools repaired and rust free, I can only imagine how upsetting it was to see them like that, so I'm seriously glad to hear that you got them rust free and in working order again.

Sounds like a workable solution for a s/b for the driver, myself I'll have to wait until a viable solution is available for a passenger s/b as I have the wife ride with me quiet often, I can't wait to see what Ginz comes up with on that, I sent them an email but they told me the same thing they told BigHitter, so I guess we just have to wait, it would be nice if they would come out with that before I install the OEM s/b and drill holes in the fender. Keep us informed on how yours goes and take plenty of pictures.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts