Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
“ Buyer beware “ this guys a bad con artist..
Hardware for the sissy bar is advertised as stainless steel but is black oxide instead . So the Bolts rusted out so I contact him and he says “ oh must be a bad batch from China! That’s it. No offer to replace. So I emailed him again and say,”obviously your not going to offer to replace so let me know the size and I will purchase on my own! There’s no reply until I mentioned I will let the members on the fury forums know you don’t stand behind your product and take care of the customer! Especially since I bought two different style sissy bars off the guy! I received an email a few days later saying they were m8x45mm and he would send them out. It’s been 2 weeks and still haven’t seen them yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Was thinking about ordering a sissy bar from this vendor, but none of the bars with pads are in stock. Just thought I'd follow up on this post. Anyone have one of these?

·
Premium Member
2019 Fury. Blue on Blue. 8Deg Tree, 3" extension, Baron Air, Road Burner pipes, All LED Lights, Guhl
141 Posts
Was thinking about ordering a sissy bar from this vendor, but none of the bars with pads are in stock. Just thought I'd follow up on this post. Anyone have one of these?
I been thinking about one of his also. Guess may have to ask lots of questions.

·
Registered
409 Posts
“ Buyer beware “ this guys a bad con artist..
Hardware for the sissy bar is advertised as stainless steel but is black oxide instead . So the Bolts rusted out ...
I got the chrome Lambda. Haven't seen even a hint of corrosion.

I get the impression that there's never really anything "in stock." That it's all custom made to order. My guess is it's probably more a matter of keeping up with orders than maintaining an inventory.

- - -
I always "try" to be a little more patient with the custom guys. They're sometimes, or usually, not a big company or even a small company, just a guy fabricating product you can't get anywhere else. I'd rather see him do well, continuing to make cool shit and survive his mistakes... as long as he learns from them.

(just my 2 cents)

·
Premium Member
2019 Fury. Blue on Blue. 8Deg Tree, 3" extension, Baron Air, Road Burner pipes, All LED Lights, Guhl
141 Posts
I got the chrome Lambda. Haven't seen even a hint of corrosion.

I get the impression that there's never really anything "in stock." That it's all custom made to order. My guess is it's probably more a matter of keeping up with orders than maintaining an inventory.

- - -
I always "try" to be a little more patient with the custom guys. They're sometimes, or usually, not a big company or even a small company, just a guy fabricating product you can't get anywhere else. I'd rather see him do well, continuing to make cool shit and survive his mistakes... as long as he learns from them.

(just my 2 cents)
I got mine 2 weeks ago. Looks great. Fit great to the bike. One problem though. It sits 3 inches forward of the stock style. Passenger already had less than driver. Also that 3" takes away swing room for the passengers foot boarding. I am gonna call them and see what we can do to improve it. Been looking it over. I can see their thoughts on looks. But function on a bike is close to #1. Took almost 3 months to get. Mostly because of WOHAN FLUE. LOOKS AND FITS GREAT.

·
Registered
409 Posts
3 inches forward of the stock style
Did you mean the thickness of the backrest padding? The sissy bar mount hardware looks like it's right where it should be -- but yeah, that backrest padding is THICK.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Did you mean the thickness of the backrest padding? The sissy bar mount hardware looks like it's right where it should be -- but yeah, that backrest padding is THICK.
20200829_145114.jpg

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
20200829_145123.jpg

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
I was holding the factory one where it used to mount. Loose about 4" . If me and the wife were young again !!!! It would be no problem. But shit happens and we are not 130lbs anymore. We love the design. Maybe they can make one that sits further back. It would take away from the rack size, witch we wanted. Looks like the point on the back could be extended another inch also to be out just as far as the rear fender. Hell its only money!! Can't take it with us.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I was holding the factory one where it used to mount. Loose about 4" . If me and the wife were young again !!!! It would be no problem. But shit happens and we are not 130lbs anymore. We love the design. Maybe they can make one that sits further back. It would take away from the rack size, witch we wanted. Looks like the point on the back could be extended another inch also to be out just as far as the rear fender. Hell its only money!! Can't take it with us.
Ahh..! Got ya. They made their mount stop right at the back end of the seat. The stock backrest pad lines up with the new sissy bar - not counting the thickness of the pad. I never noticed it because I got the sissy bar that doesn't have a pad ...and no one ever sits back there anymore.

Bish, ride yo own bike!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Hey On 2... do you think a pair of peg extenders would help? Seems like I saw a 'down-and-forward' passenger peg adapter somewhere. When the pegs are folded up you barely notice the extenders.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Hey On 2... do you think a pair of peg extenders would help? Seems like I saw a 'down-and-forward' passenger peg adapter somewhere. When the pegs are folded up you barely notice the extenders.
Might try that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts