Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there has been random discussion on this subject, and potential designs in the works.....but seems like those designs and productions will take forever to come to fruition (look that word up Steveo :p).....

Has anyone installed sissybars other than the Honda OEM's? I was looking at Ginz Choppers site and was wondering if any of those mounts would work on the Fury??? I realize I'd most likely have to drill more holes in the fender - I'm not adverse to doing that....but was also wondering how to cover the stock oem sissy bar holes if need be......???

I really want to get a sissy bar and would appreciate any and all help ya'll can come up with.

Thanks,
Bob

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
hyregunn was making some but he also was making cover plates that never arrived and I haven't heard him on here in quite awhile. I will not bad mouth him though because he might have died and then I would fell like crap:eek:

I have one but it was home made and can not mass produce. You being from Mississippi are bound to be able to make one RED NECK:D:D

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Yeah but I don't think duct tape and tree limbs are very stable lol.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Any of the Ginz Choppers bars will work with the universal mounts.

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hyregunn was making some but he also was making cover plates that never arrived and I haven't heard him on here in quite awhile. I will not bad mouth him though because he might have died and then I would fell like crap:eek:

I have one but it was home made and can not mass produce. You being from Mississippi are bound to be able to make one RED NECK:D:D
LOL!!!! Scary thought!:eek:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Take the OEM one and use a piece of stainless steel rod the same size and start bending it just like the OEM except let it stand up as tall as you want it. I know you are bound to have abuddy that has a torch to heat it with just bend slow, stainless is not that hard to bend anyway and see what you can come up with. You could have added length to the OEM if they hadn't built it out of tubing. I sure wish hyredgunn had not have passed or just got off this forum.:rolleyes: I tried the 3 sticks stickman is talking about and she got mad becasue I left the knots sticking out and jabed her in the back.:eek:

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
I feel ya though those Ginz are nice but to expensive for my budget, I already have the OEM backrest and pad and will run that until either the wife complains and gives me the go ahead on another one or I can get one built. I can't wait to get back so I can talk to a guy in my unit and see what if anything he can fab up, he has all the tools it's just a matter of if he has time, plus I want to hit him up to see if he can powdercoat my rims, I know he has access to a powdercoater but don't know if that and the heater is big enough to do rims. Not much longer only about 40 days <sighs>.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I know there has been random discussion on this subject, and potential designs in the works.....but seems like those designs and productions will take forever to come to fruition (look that word up Steveo :p).....

Has anyone installed sissybars other than the Honda OEM's? I was looking at Ginz Choppers site and was wondering if any of those mounts would work on the Fury??? I realize I'd most likely have to drill more holes in the fender - I'm not adverse to doing that....but was also wondering how to cover the stock oem sissy bar holes if need be......???

I really want to get a sissy bar and would appreciate any and all help ya'll can come up with.

Thanks,
Bob
check Docks(jr member),a friend had this sissybar still in the package on his shelf(hes got a bike repair and custom shop).Its from "Drag Specialties".I hope I spelled that right.He removed the reflectors on the rear fender,drilled two(2) holes on each side(threw the frame and fender where the reflectors had been),I can remove the bar and just have the chrome brackets showing,or I can remove the pad and have just the sissybar showing.Some liked it,some didn't.I like it and thats all that counts, its my ride.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Trust me, you get what you pay for. Ginz make a high quality product that looks like it's built to last. I don't have the (3 sticks) tee pee bar but the old school bar hopper 15" version.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
well, the Ginz looks pretty darned good. the Fury example is nice and clean. rounds out the back end rather nicely.
once that C&C seat of mine gets back i'll see how much the pillion covers the Fury sissy bar holes; it they cover, then a Ginz could be on my wish list.

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well, the Ginz looks pretty darned good. the Fury example is nice and clean. rounds out the back end rather nicely.
once that C&C seat of mine gets back i'll see how much the pillion covers the Fury sissy bar holes; it they cover, then a Ginz could be on my wish list.
I think that's Stickman's bike on their site...does look good, my budget is slim right now......may be selling an old tractor soon and get some money then...hopefully enough to get a seat, sissy bar and S&S teardrop intake.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have the C&C seat with the passenger pad along with the OEM Sissy Bar. The seat does not cover the two rear sissy bar holes.

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have the C&C seat with the passenger pad along with the OEM Sissy Bar. The seat does not cover the two rear sissy bar holes.
Hmmmm, so what would be a good viable, not so expensive fix for covering those two rear holes? I know RSS mentioned in his faq's (or somewhere) about using some hair patching.....but seems to me that one could put something there.......?????:confused:

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Hmmmm, so what would be a good viable, not so expensive fix for covering those two rear holes? I know RSS mentioned in his faq's (or somewhere) about using some hair patching.....but seems to me that one could put something there.......?????:confused:
That was just to cover up the main hole for the single seat screw actually (also had to grind down the nub a little bit on the screw hole, don't know why they have that extra height on there, it's really not needed), so that it wasn't visible anymore and it called Kitty Hair btw. But, also I would think that a simple plastic hole plug should be able to fill those holes without somebody noticing, or can just spend an extra 200$ and get another fender or wait for somebody to sell their rear fender on these forums and buy it quickly, like I did and get it for even less...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts