Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the short one that Honda sells. However, I'm an aggressive driver and gf has bad back, thus I want something fancier and taller. Any suggestions.

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
This is my bike in two-uo mode, not the best photo but I have the Ginz old school hardcore (20") with the Ginz back pad. You can't see it in this photo but I also have the Ginz luggage rack. The seat is a C&C Sport Touring.

If your girl has long legs then pillion peg extenders are the go.

Finally my girl on the back nice and comfortable (C&C seat, Ginz sissy bar & back pad, cycle-istic pillion peg extenders). She can last as long as I can between stops with this setup.

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
This 20" Skyscraper, matte black finish, is from Evan Perry at MotoGateway. Rack bend is like top of 20" Skyscraper. This picture is install with stock seats to check initial fit and needed hardware changes.
I just received re-upholstered from Astech and have yet to re-install.
Ama likes it!

Attachments

·
Registered
438 Posts
This is my bike in two-uo mode, not the best photo but I have the Ginz old school hardcore (20") with the Ginz back pad. You can't see it in this photo but I also have the Ginz luggage rack. The seat is a C&C Sport Touring.

Finally my girl on the back nice and comfortable (C&C seat, Ginz sissy bar & back pad, cycle-istic pillion peg extenders). She can last as long as I can between stops with this setup.
Hey macxpert,
I have the Ginz Hellbent Bar Hopper (15" tall) with back rest and luggage rack. Do you find your back rest slides around on the Ginz bar? Mine has been getting looser with time. I suspect the piece in the back rest pad where the mounting bracket bolts to is beginning to bend outwards. Not sure if it is just mine or an issue with the pad.

May have to take it to an upholsterer to take it apart and add a stronger mounting part and was wondering if you are experiencing the same issue?

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
Hey macxpert,
I have the Ginz Hellbent Bar Hopper (15" tall) with back rest and luggage rack. Do you find your back rest slides around on the Ginz bar? Mine has been getting looser with time. I suspect the piece in the back rest pad where the mounting bracket bolts to is beginning to bend outwards. Not sure if it is just mine or an issue with the pad.

May have to take it to an upholsterer to take it apart and add a stronger mounting part and was wondering if you are experiencing the same issue?
My back pad is still perfect and I've been using it for at least six years. However I put some spacers between the back pad and the mounting bar so that the strain is taken off the pad. This way I do not get any trace of bending.

I also put some electrical tape on the round parts of the mounting bar to stop it scratching the sissy bar and also stop the mounting bar from slipping. So with the tape and spacers you get a nice tight and stable back rest.

·
Registered
438 Posts
My back pad is still perfect and I've been using it for at least six years. However I put some spacers between the back pad and the mounting bar so that the strain is taken off the pad. This way I do not get any trace of bending.

I also put some electrical tape on the round parts of the mounting bar to stop it scratching the sissy bar and also stop the mounting bar from slipping. So with the tape and spacers you get a nice tight and stable back rest.
Good idea! What did you use for spacers?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Let me run this by ya all. My buddy did this with his hd. He took a stock hd short sissy bar and had a guy extend the height and design a new top, then had it powder coated. Looks great. I already have the Honda oem short sissy bar. I was wondering if I could do the same? Eliminate the need for new brackets by using the ones on the oem's?

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I see you have a luggage rack on the back of your fury. I'm buying a 2019 in a few days and have been looking for a luggage rack/sissy bar but cannot find one, where did you get yours

·
Registered
3 Posts
I see you have a luggage rack on the back of your fury. I'm buying a 2019 in a few days and have been looking for a luggage rack/sissy bar but cannot find one, where did you get yours
Thanks, great info just checked out Cobras sissy bar and rack. The whole setup is cheaper than what Honda wants for just the sissy bar and back pad

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
I got mine from Ginz Choppers. Call them and ask to speak to Gin and he will give you the best deal on Bars and C&C seats. Believe it or not I got my C&C seat cheaper from Ginz than buying it direct from C&C.

·
Registered
2010 honda Fury
41 Posts
I have the short one that Honda sells. However, I'm an aggressive driver and gf has bad back, thus I want something fancier and taller. Any suggestions.
For me its Ginz all the way I went with the make it the devil one
20200406_133336.jpg
20200321_123250.jpg
20200406_133336.jpg 20200321_123250.jpg
20200406_133336.jpg
20200406_133336.jpg
20200321_123250.jpg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts