Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Slim, comfortable and probably the most lithe DOT-approved helmet we’ve come across, Skid Lids have style. This half helmet is for the budget minded rider looking for a little more than a novelty lid. An ABS molded shell is backed with a foam impact absorbing liner and covered in a head-friendly felt-like material. D-ring retention system keeps this minimalist helmet on your head at any speed.

Available in a multitude of colors, call TJ at 866.931.6644 ext 817 to have one sent to you today. If you have any questions on sizing or availability, send us a note – FORUM at RIDERSDISCOUNT with SKIDLID in the subject line and we’ll get back to you right away.

Solid matte finish.

Simple interior is comfortable.

The Street Rod.

·
Registered
781 Posts
These are very appealing but I've tried on hundreds of half helmets and the variety of shapes and contours ( that don't fit my head at all ) scares the crap out of me when it comes to buying a helmet with out trying it on. I shopped for 4 weeks tried on every brand make an model I could find until I found a full face that got my head. And of course it had to be one of the most expensive ones around "shoei" but I've had 2 of them now.

So maybe I can find your product local? Try it on. Bah helmets suck lololololol

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
516 Posts
hey Morgan...You can do what I did!.....get the biggest helmet, lay is on something soft, and tap it on the inside with a hammer till it fits!!!..Just a little at a time! You'll know where to hit by where it rubs on your head! I sent 3 back before I did this! as far as I know, It didnt mess up the integrity of the DOT helmet either. Cant even tell by lookin.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
These are very appealing but I've tried on hundreds of half helmets and the variety of shapes and contours ( that don't fit my head at all ) scares the crap out of me when it comes to buying a helmet with out trying it on. I shopped for 4 weeks tried on every brand make an model I could find until I found a full face that got my head. And of course it had to be one of the most expensive ones around "shoei" but I've had 2 of them now.

So maybe I can find your product local? Try it on. Bah helmets suck lololololol

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
Shoot me a PM if you have any questions, I am fairly well versed at sizing these helmet correctly.

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
Slim, comfortable and probably the most lithe DOT-approved helmet we’ve come across, Skid Lids have style. This half helmet is for the budget minded rider looking for a little more than a novelty lid. An ABS molded shell is backed with a foam impact absorbing liner and covered in a head-friendly felt-like material. D-ring retention system keeps this minimalist helmet on your head at any speed.

Available in a multitude of colors, call TJ at 866.931.6644 ext 817 to have one sent to you today. If you have any questions on sizing or availability, send us a note – FORUM at RIDERSDISCOUNT with SKIDLID in the subject line and we’ll get back to you right away.

Solid matte finish.

Simple interior is comfortable.

The Street Rod.

Already have a skid lid (chrome), and love it, fits great, and like the low profile. And already looking at another one for a spare.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I just got in the mail today my new Akouri Terminator half helmet. I've looked really hard to find one that didn't look like a mushroom on my head.

I have to say I like this one very very much. Extremely light, fits great and has a very low profile. Fiberglass. Seatbelt type latch, not D-rings The video does show a ratchet type latch but mine did not come that way(???)

I got it from allforbikers.com out of Canada. DOT approved. Cost me $125 to get it to NC(but now the dang things are on sale $20 less). Maybe a little expensive for a half'er but completely worth it to me after trying it on.

Check the link and watch the vid.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts