Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone successfully dropped the rear yet?? This should be like top priority. mount relocation, shortened stiff springs, ... anybody?? Im about 10 minutes away from doing my own R & E on this one. You would think there has to be a group of guys somewhere staying awake 24/7 figuring this sh*t out. I guess there is more money to be made bending pipes and selling them for 700 bucks though.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Progressive said they are currently working on a lowering spring yesterday in an email that I received back from them. I definitely agree, lower is better and I think it's going to help the stance of the bike considerably.

·
Registered
773 Posts
We are working on a Air ride shock (not hydraulic) that will start around $350 for the basic setup or you can have the full radical remote functions/compressor bells and whistles for up to $800. Stay tuned as we should have more info and images on these items in the next month. Please contact us at [email protected] to be added to our Fury Mailing list and we can update you as they come.

LM
LowandMean.com: Custom METRIC Cruiser Parts!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Has anyone successfully dropped the rear yet?? This should be like top priority. mount relocation, shortened stiff springs, ... anybody?? Im about 10 minutes away from doing my own R & E on this one. You would think there has to be a group of guys somewhere staying awake 24/7 figuring this sh*t out. I guess there is more money to be made bending pipes and selling them for 700 bucks though.
I agree 100%...for me this is #1 priority. I had the seat and rear fender off yesterday trying to figure something out.

This shock assy setup is similar to the VN2000 setup. On it you could drill an extra hole or elongate one of the existing mounting holes (I forget which) to lower it about .75". Wasn't much but it helped.

Doesn't look like you can do that to the Fury.

I'm trying to be patient waiting for L&M.

Didn't know Progressive was working on something...i'll have to check that out.

billh

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
L&M I love it when you talk dirty, I was hoping someone would reply with those sweet words "air shock". Was about to install a solid piece of 10.5" steel in place of the mono shock and go rigid, but good looks AND comfort... now your talking. Was wondering if you guys were going to live up to the name "LOW and MEAN" Keep me updated, can hardly wait.

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
Hmmm... drop the rear and increase the rake :D Some aftermarket tri-trees would be sweet :cool:

·
Registered
773 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Observation

:eek: Yikes! "LOWER" the Fury's rear suspension?
I already scrape the feelers a LOT!

Example: Look at how close the pipes are to the road.

But on the other hand, An Air-Ride system would still be really cool.
:D

God Bless our Military! ... Semper Fi!

·
Registered
119 Posts
:eek: Yikes! "LOWER" the Fury's rear suspension?
I already scrape the feelers a LOT!

Example: Look at how close the pipes are to the road.

But on the other hand, An Air-Ride system would still be really cool.
:D

God Bless our Military! ... Semper Fi!
It looks like we really need an air ride system... BUT, I had an Armott Air Ride on my VTX1800C and was not very happy with it....

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have only dragged the pegs when I felt like I was riding a little harder than I should, I bought this to slow down. I'll save the hard riding for my sportbike. I would however love to lower the rear some, I think it would look real nice.

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
I went through a Air Ride stage on a vehicle before and will never do it again. I had issues with air leaks, bad solenoids (would drain the battery) and an extremely loud compressor... I had so much headach I will never do it again.

All the issues were fixable, but annoying. Not to say L&M's kit will do it, it's just my previous experience and I would not attempt it again.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts