Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Yep that's a good deal if you're looking for slip on's. Any special reason you're wanting slip on's? To save money? If you can do some fab work you can also buy other exhaust systems <vtx 1300> and fab a bracket for them and that's another cheap solution, look on eBay and you can find good deals also or keep an eye on the forum as others sometimes get rid of there systems.

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
those road burner pipes were not designed for the fury. the guy must have modified them. i called road burner and they dont make pipes for us yet

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
those road burner pipes were not designed for the fury. the guy must have modified them. i called road burner and they dont make pipes for us yet
I thought we determined that they just made adapter brackets for them. I can't find the specific post at the moment.

I've asked Mental to resolve the question for all of us. We'll see what he comes up with.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
See today's Smiley's post #21, under "My First Mod". I was sure SOMEBODY had done it!

Cheers

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Blue Fury:
Yes, they have the brackets for the Fury, but before ordering call Road Overstock at 888-834-7464 to make sure they send the right bracket with your order.
The quality is high for this product, billet ends look good, and complete double wall construction is good engineering, and the price is great!

These are made by DG performance-and Road Overstock is Road Burners e-bay store. DG also manufactures the HK Hard Chromes. Go Figure, everything seems connected.
I also believe VTX Resonator makes a different baffle for these, for even a more deeper, throaty sound. However, reading reviews, they sound great as is.

Waiting on some more info, will update around 1 PM eastern.

Update, it is not as easy as a simple install, you must throw away instructions, and covers must be removed to do certain bolts- just a little more work to install- I have received comprehensive install instructions from Smiley via PM, and will attempt to post. He has same pipes. Loves em!

UPDATE FROM MR SMILEY

Mental, I think baffles are removable. However, I would not remove them. They are plenty loud and I know someone else that has also chosen to leave them in as we have both received plenty of compliments on how nice they sound. Remove stock exhaust "easy". Installing new exhaust... take the directions and throw them out the window! If you try to use the directions you'll never make it past the first step. It says to mount the new bracket to the existing one. No, actually the existing bracket comes off and stays off. However you will use the two bolts to mount the new bracket. Go ahead and tighten down completely. You will have to remove most of the chrome covers completely to be able to tighten down your nuts. I'm talking about even the bottom left cover to get a small open ended wrench in. Next the side covers if you haven't already, the top of the chrome of the v twin. It's easier than it sounds, don't be intimidated. Next mount your new pipes to the front engine using the chrome bolts with the expanding washers "don;t tighten these down" This next part is a little tricky. There are two nuts welded on a flat piece of metal that slide in between the exhaust and the bracket that is attached to your bike. A little patience and they will get it. Tighten down your bolts and put chrome back on and you are done.

Thank You-Mr Smiley

·
Premium Member
13,706 Posts
Blue Fury:
Yes, they have the brackets for the Fury, but before ordering call Road Overstock at 888-834-7464 to make sure they send the right bracket with your order.
The quality is high for this product, billet ends look good, and complete double wall construction is good engineering, and the price is great!

These are made by DG performance-and Road Overstock is Road Burners e-bay store. DG also manufactures the HK Hard Chromes. Go Figure, everything seems connected.
I also believe VTX Resonator makes a different baffle for these, for even a more deeper, throaty sound. However, reading reviews, they sound great as is.

Waiting on some more info, will update around 1 PM eastern.
we put a set on a vtx 1300,and they do sound good.

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Make sure to replace your gaskets with new OEM ones. Better safe, than sorry.

·
Premium Member
13,706 Posts
for those reuseing gaskets.if you do get a pinhole leak you may damage the head.that want be pretty.the o rings are soft copper and if the new exhaust does not match perfect it will leak.why take that chance on a high dollar head?

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
for those reuseing gaskets.if you do get a pinhole leak you may damage the head.that want be pretty.the o rings are soft copper and if the new exhaust does not match perfect it will leak.why take that chance on a high dollar head?
+1 Do it right the first time!

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Sorry if I miss led anyone on the gasket. I quessed I rolled the dice and came up a winner.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts