Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ended up painting my chrome covers under the seat to match the Matte Silver. I purchased a can of paint through colorite and the match was perfect! After I was done I decided to paint the chrome cover by the shaft black to match the frame. I think it turned out really well and it gives more focus on the V of the engine.

I will give credit where credit is due, as Troy from Accutronix mentioned this to me about 2 months back. I finally had time to get it done :cool:

Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Eventually, I would like to paint the engine black and polish the fins... powdercoat the rear hub and brakes black to blend in with the bike, nothing else is coming to mind. As I look at the bike more and more, some other ideas pop into my head ;) :D

·
Registered
95 Posts
Looking good!

I was also thinking about painting the chrome side covers to match. Thanks for the pic preview.

I hope you don't mind me copying a couple of of your other ideas. I promise to keep my Fury in Hawaii. ;)

:cool:

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Hey Predator: Do you have a paint number from colorite for the Matte that matches?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Predator,

As you have posted the various mods you have made over the course of owning your bike, I've been hesitant to post my opinions. Generally speaking, I'm tired of reading the "nice job" posts about your bike or anyone else's.. I'm sorry if that sounds jerky just my feeling.

This time I have to comment.

I'm not one of these guys that loves the matte finish, actually the matte wasn't one of my favorite colors. You've changed my mind. Your bike is hands down the most pimped bike I have seen! I love it. It's really taken on it's own unique personality and you should be proud. Holy crap, you're bike is sick! no seriously.. wow.

With that rant I will now leave you with.... "nice job"! :D

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Predator: Do you have a paint number from colorite for the Matte that matches?
Here's a link through Colorrite: Paint Search :: Color Results - ColorRite

They have all of the colors listed ;)

Looks good. Did you sand the chrome off first or just primer right over it?
I sanded the chrome down with 800 grit sand paper so the paint will stick. In between coats I sanded 100 grit and then 1500 grit. 4 coats total, 20 minute flash time. No clear coat needed with this paint.

Same process for the black, but I left the orange peel look so the black would blend in with the frame.

Predator,

As you have posted the various mods you have made over the course of owning your bike, I've been hesitant to post my opinions. Generally speaking, I'm tired of reading the "nice job" posts about your bike or anyone else's.. I'm sorry if that sounds jerky just my feeling.

This time I have to comment.

I'm not one of these guys that loves the matte finish, actually the matte wasn't one of my favorite colors. You've changed my mind. Your bike is hands down the most pimped bike I have seen! I love it. It's really taken on it's own unique personality and you should be proud. Holy crap, you're bike is sick! no seriously.. wow.

With that rant I will now leave you with.... "nice job"! :D
Thanks for the comments guys! This forum and the Fury vendors and the community is what has given me ideas on where to go and how to get there, so thanks for all of your inputs also!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Looks alright:p, If you get me all of the same cool stuff you have on your bike I might change my mind to ( LOOKS GREAT DUDE!!!! ) Hey bud lost my phone on the ride home today, pm me your # so i can give you a call about a few up coming rides.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
How do you think the paint will hold up? With no clear coat, it will be vulnerable to chemicals softening the paint. Looks awesome and I want to do it, but I'm worried about how long it will hold up with time and the amount of times a month that I remove my side covers.

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You should have filled in the passage for the stock exhaust pipe before painting it.
I don't understand :confused:

How do you think the paint will hold up? With no clear coat, it will be vulnerable to chemicals softening the paint. Looks awesome and I want to do it, but I'm worried about how long it will hold up with time and the amount of times a month that I remove my side covers.
The OEM Matte Paint does not have a clear coat :D So, This paint should hold up just as well as the OEM paint. Time will tell, but it's flawless right now and the paint has held up during my last 3 days of riding.

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I see :cool:

·
Registered
358 Posts
P, On the matte I think it blends really good. Not sure if that would look right with gloss finish bikes but does do something for the matte. Looks good!

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I had the same idea for the chrome covers for mine. I would like to see any other pics of the right side if you have any...

Keep up the good work.

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Here are a couple more, I had the intake swapped out :cool:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts