Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive heard rumors that its going to have a smart key. kinda like the prius where if you have the key in your pocket you can start the bike. you dont have to actually put the key in the bike. but if your not near your bike it wont start for people wanting to steal it. Is this true?

·
Registered
27 Posts
no, the Kawasaki Concours has a smart key, so it wont be the first. I think even the Goldwing has one but not sure.

·
Registered
9 Posts
There you go again adding features but you need to consider staying true to the design intent and remain within the genre. A chopper is supposed to be the absolute minimal on a bike and not have all kind of features. Plus each item added increases the cost. I'm not saying it's not a super idea just understand that anything added will add to the out the door price and that was not what Honda was going after. Adding items also has a negative long term effect and this will increase the maintenance costs should something fail. Choppers are clean and simple anything else is another classification of motorcycle.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Harley's had one for a while now... I like it. But not enough to get me to spend the $ on one. If Honda added that type of feature, linked with an alarm as Harley can do, that would likely be a huge seller also. Wouldn't be a bad feature. Even minimalistic bikes can use a few features.

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
I have this feature on my Volvo and would love to have it on my bike! No more fumbling with keys, besides, the keys with the bike are so generic, no chips or anything for a fuel cutoff... that sucks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ive heard rumors that its going to have a smart key. kinda like the prius where if you have the key in your pocket you can start the bike. you dont have to actually put the key in the bike. but if your not near your bike it wont start for people wanting to steal it. Is this true?
Yeah! It is true. I have seen some keys and security system like this.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts