Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is fuggin fabs really finished? I want a set of mayhem pipes but don't want to get burned, seems like they are having trouble with peoples orders lately. I though Low and Mean had pipes for the fury, but i don't see anything on their site about them any more just an old post about them talking about some mayhem pipes. Can someone shed some light on the situation at hand and our options for the future on pipes, thanks.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Really, if that is what you want, I would only order some from someone who has them in stock, and with that stipulation, if they have to order them, fine, have them order them first and then give you a call, and then you can pay when they are in.. I believe you would want the heat shields, ( see thread mayhems are on by Fury 27, 06/30/10, to see black ones ) which come in chrome or gloss black. Do not pay anybody up front unless they guaranty they have them in stock and with your name on them, and pay by CC. I would not trust ordering from Fuggin directly. That is, if that is what you want. You must error on the side of caution!

Posted by Jimmy Ferris
Fuggin Mayhem Exhaust
First let me be PERFECTLY clear. I think the Mayhems look the BEST of any aftermarket exhaust. The sound is PHENOMENAL!!!!! Plus, I am very pleased with Fuggin and their customer service. In other words, no complaints from me. ( MENTAL says, things have changed with Fuggin since Jimmy posted this, caution, caution! )

Jimmy Ferris, continued,
I have already changed to the Cobra Swept exhaust. So why did I change?
Two reasons.....the Mayhem design doesn't allow the pipes to wrap around the engine. As a result they protrude out quite far and it is VERY EASY to burn your leg (or jeans or boots). Secondly, again because of the design, you cannot remove the plastic cover to access the fuses or adjust the ride of the shock. (You actually have to remove the exhaust pipes to get to that panel.)

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Really, if that is what you want, I would only order some from someone who has them in stock, and with that stipulation, if they have to order them, fine, have them order them first and then give you a call, and then you can pay when they are in.. Do not pay anybody up front unless they guaranty they have them in stock and with your name on them, and pay by CC. I would not trust ordering from Fuggin directly. That is, if that is what you want. You must error on the side of caution!
Exactly how I would do it.;)

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Is fuggin fabs really finished?
Finished??? Don't know where you're getting that from, but NO, they're not finished. They recently had some personnel problems and just finished relocating to a bigger facility, all of which caused some significant down-times and delays, so they've been, understandably, a little slow getting ramped back up to speed. And yes, they're still listing the Mahems on their on-line site. You oughta give 'em a call and see what their current backlog status is.

P.S. As Mental suggested (above), you should order and pay with a credit card, to assure that you have recourse if there's problems with your order.

Cheers

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Buyer Beware.

It wasnt but some small miracle or act of God that i did finally get my V2s. It took a lot of threats and Emails, but i did finally get them.

And good luck finding anyone who has them i stock. The over head would be too much to have them just sitting on a shelf in someones retail shop. If someone does tell you they do have them, make them take a pic holding them and send it to you, then use your credit card.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Buyer Beware.

It wasnt but some small miracle or act of God that i did finally get my V2s. It took a lot of threats and Emails, but i did finally get them.

And good luck finding anyone who has them i stock. The over head would be too much to have them just sitting on a shelf in someones retail shop. If someone does tell you they do have them, make them take a pic holding them and send it to you, then use your credit card.
I had the same situation. It took a month to get mine and I had to email Fuggin almost daily to keep the fire burning under their ass to get my pipe done.

No one has them in stock. Period. I called every single vendor listed on Fuggins site and no one "stocks" any of the Fuggin pipes. Everyone of them can order your pipes from Fuggin but no one has them in hand. That being said, none of them will order them without you paying for them either. They have to pay Fuggin up front for the pipes (I was told) so they need their money up front as well.

They are awesome pipes, I love mine and they were worth the wait in retrospect. Just use a credit card and email Fuggin directly right after you order to verify they got the order and get a timeframe on them. I ordered through Le Jon over at Full Moon and he kept me updated as much as possible but I got more info from Fuggin personally because I hounded the crap out of them.

Check the WTF Fuggin thread, I posted Kelly from Fuggin's email on that thread. Email her directly.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im moving on, im going to go with mortons infernos, great looking pipes and the quality seems to be legit based on other peoples testemonies.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
im moving on, im going to go with mortons infernos, great looking pipes and the quality seems to be legit based on other peoples testemonies.
JoJo--you're showing some common sense. Move on and ride safe.

has anyone received anything directly from Fuggin in the past three months?

jeez, guys, let's regurgitate the Edsel while we're at it. it's starting to sound like a bunch of elderly folk at the senior center with this Fuggin' thread.:D

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
I think they are with allot of the fury forum members. I know I won’t be ordering anything from them.

·
Registered
889 Posts
we need some inclined machinist to fab up some new pipes strictly for us.
and you thought fuggins were pricey.... lol :eek: It would sure be nice though....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts