Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i've had my Fury now for a month. put roughly 575-ish miles on it. decided time to wash and wax it for the first time. life was good until i got to the "passenger" (sorry don't know how to refer to it on a bike) side engine transfer cover. looks like there is a hole punch in it and the pot metal cover is just broken. well i know i didn't do this and the bike hasn't been out of my site unless in my garage since i bought it. so i know it wasn't an accident or me who caused it. ok fine i'll call the honda dealership and see what they'll do and hope they'll fix it under warranty. then as i take the bike out today i notice i didn't finish rubbing off the wax from the lower frame rail, when i discovered a gash and a whole bunch of chunks where the paint has been chunked off the rear lower frame cap. so combine this with my manual pouch having a hole in it, my manual looking like it has been run through a washing machine, and the fact that alot of my plasti-chrome has scratches in it. equals me not being amused. so i'll be contacting the dealer in the morning because they are closed Sunday (which was my 30 day mark of owning the bike) and Monday, and they more than likely tell me to pack sand and i'll be screwed.... here's hoping not...

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Ok so i've had my Fury now for a month. put roughly 575-ish miles on it. decided time to wash and wax it for the first time. life was good until i got to the "passenger" (sorry don't know how to refer to it on a bike) side engine transfer cover. looks like there is a hole punch in it and the pot metal cover is just broken. well i know i didn't do this and the bike hasn't been out of my site unless in my garage since i bought it. so i know it wasn't an accident or me who caused it. ok fine i'll call the honda dealership and see what they'll do and hope they'll fix it under warranty. then as i take the bike out today i notice i didn't finish rubbing off the wax from the lower frame rail, when i discovered a gash and a whole bunch of chunks where the paint has been chunked off the rear lower frame cap. so combine this with my manual pouch having a hole in it, my manual looking like it has been run through a washing machine, and the fact that alot of my plasti-chrome has scratches in it. equals me not being amused. so i'll be contacting the dealer in the morning because they are closed Sunday (which was my 30 day mark of owning the bike) and Monday, and they more than likely tell me to pack sand and i'll be screwed.... here's hoping not...
If its the little whole on the right side its a vent hole, think there is a thread on it with some pics. I had one and not knowing I thought the casing had a hole in it, and it was there on all there models. Mine wasnt a clean hole,,looked like a chip. Only thing I can tell you on the plastic chrome, use a very soft old cotten t-shirt or diaper, if you get sand or dust on the bike rinse it off before you wipe it not to scatch the plastic coated chrome. I use the honda spray cleaner, not sure what your using, but it might have a residue in it thats scartching it. Just my opinion. Have owned 4 hondas and always kept the plastic looking clean and scratch free.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If its the little whole on the right side its a vent hole, think there is a thread on it with some pics. I had one and not knowing I thought the casing had a hole in it, and it was there on all there models. Mine wasnt a clean hole,,looked like a chip. Only thing I can tell you on the plastic chrome, use a very soft old cotten t-shirt or diaper, if you get sand or dust on the bike rinse it off before you wipe it not to scatch the plastic coated chrome. I use the honda spray cleaner, not sure what your using, but it might have a residue in it thats scartching it. Just my opinion. Have owned 4 hondas and always kept the plastic looking clean and scratch free.
i remember reading about a vent hole, don't know if this is it, but it looks like a hole punched in the case. i'm concerned about water and other debris getting into it. as for the plasti chrome i use microfibre cloths, and pigsnot biker wax which my parents use on there bikes with no ill-effects. i'll post pics.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
i remember reading about a vent hole, don't know if this is it, but it looks like a hole punched in the case. i'm concerned about water and other debris getting into it. as for the plasti chrome i use microfibre cloths, and pigsnot biker wax which my parents use on there bikes with no ill-effects. i'll post pics.
did your parents clean plastic chrome? I know pigsnot is great on fiberglass parts, but I would use a spray polish on this stuff, JMHO. they could come back and say you didnt use there reccomended cleaner so not replacement parts. You should look at my pics of my bike on my profile, also have some up on page 2 of the July Fury of the month, my bike sparkles.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
yeah thats a vent hole, my bike has it and it looks the same, as far as the other stuff yeah I would have them look at that.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my bike sparkles too after it's been cleaned. it looks beautiful, and i can live with the light scratches in the plasti-chrome. that is more or less an argument builder for the fact that there is obvious damage to the rest of the bike so obviously some form of shenanigans went on before i purchased the bike. to answer your question more directly my parents bikes have very little plasti-chrome but they do have it and there's turns out just fine.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah thats a vent hole, my bike has it and it looks the same, as far as the other stuff yeah I would have them look at that.
ok.... i guess i can live with that then..... really crappy looking vent hole though. i suppose nothing to worry about getting into the engine from there?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I have 1600 miles on my bike and it runs great, it is a bad looking vent gap for sure, but only I notice it,,lmao

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
WildBill is correct on the vent hole. Out of curiosity, I just went out to look at my tubes to see if there was any chipping paint or anything. Nothing, looks as good as the day I brought it home. I have a feeling their going to tell you that it is from something you did. Anybody jack your bike up or run over a parking tie or anything? I wish you the best!

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
ok.... i guess i can live with that then..... really crappy looking vent hole though. i suppose nothing to worry about getting into the engine from there?
Yep,
That's the hole we all have. Don't worry about it at all.
As far as the paint????
That is F&)%$N weird?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Anybody jack your bike up or run over a parking tie or anything?
Nope. bike was immediately put in the garage the day i brought it home. and is kept there except on weekends when i got on runs, or occasionally to work when the sun is shiney. i only run on pavement and the only person and time it has possibly been jacked is when the dealer service station had the bike to fill the tires with nitrogen. other than that it's never been lifted or had anything under it while it's been in my possession. but i agree they'll tell me it's my fault even though it isn't.....

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
that back scratch looks like it slipped off a jack. Because you took it home and didnt notice it at the time of delivery ... you stand no chance. Best thing you can do is go back to the dealership and get the paint pens to patch it. Its pretty much out of sight and out of mind. Spend the $50 live for another day.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
that back scratch looks like it slipped off a jack. Because you took it home and didnt notice it at the time of delivery ... you stand no chance. Best thing you can do is go back to the dealership and get the paint pens to patch it. Its pretty much out of sight and out of mind. Spend the $50 live for another day.
thats kind of what i was thinking. either that or they hit it with a fork lift while it was still crated. i figured for the reason you mentioned they wouldn't do anything, but i also figured i'd try. never really gave the bike a good look because i figured it's supposed to be BRAND NEW. so.... not to bitch, but i guess it's sad you have to pick over a new car/bike/etc before you can even drive it off because places won't fess up to their crap. ohh well as you said, live to fight another day... not that i'll ever have much to fight with. at least i know the hole in the case is a vent and normal, so though it may have a little cosmetic damage at least it should be "ok".... maybe i'll take the opportunity to have the frame powder-coated and so long as the frame paint is trashed perhaps the tony mod...

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
if its the little whole on the right side its a vent hole, think there is a thread on it with some pics. I had one and not knowing i thought the casing had a hole in it, and it was there on all there models. Mine wasnt a clean hole,,looked like a chip. Only thing i can tell you on the plastic chrome, use a very soft old cotten t-shirt or diaper, if you get sand or dust on the bike rinse it off before you wipe it not to scatch the plastic coated chrome. I use the honda spray cleaner, not sure what your using, but it might have a residue in it thats scartching it. Just my opinion. Have owned 4 hondas and always kept the plastic looking clean and scratch free.
I have it in my FAQ too... See people get mad at the faq sometime, but seriously, all the new guy's should read it first, to get an idea of the little things that come by when working on the bike...

Q: What is that hole or slot on the right side of the engine? Is it a defect?

A: No, this is known as a vent hole or an expansion hole for the engine. It is there for a reason and is on all Fury's. **Do not hit this hole with a screwdriver in order to crack open the casing, you could possible crack the engine here if you do not know what you are doing and potentially change the way the vent is supposed to work.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts