Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what's better the power commander V or the cobra F12000?????

·
Registered
358 Posts
I'm not going to beat this subject up, but in my opinion and past experience the power commander works better from idle to high rpms. If I had it to do all over again after spending money on 2 fi2000's I would go ask someone who knows the real working of both and see for themselves the ground truth. Every mechanic I talked to said that the fi2000 is ok for high end performance but doesn't really benifit around town driving. Tell you the truth I was persuaded by others to get a fuel controller and after trying that It seems I wasted my money. I got 3 bikes and everyone of them runs better bare bones stock w/after market pipes than when I put some after market controller on them. So for me, I use power commander on one of my cruizers and thats it. And by the way that power commander was tuned tested tuned tested and it still gets a missing effect at about 70 to 75 mph.

Bottom line don't beleive what others say when they say seems my bike runs better with whatever.......do some real research before you shell out money on something you may be scratching your head for later

One more thing.....run your bike without either, then stick it back on and see if you can really tell the difference for yoursellf

·
Registered
835 Posts
I am no mechanic so I have to rely on the advise of others. All four of the trusted mechanics I asked told me that the Fi2000 was just a waste of money and the PC-V, although more than I needed, at least worth the investment. I went with the PC-V.

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
So what's better the power commander V or the cobra F12000?????
I wasn't going to respond, but I would suggest you review YOUR setup and do some research.
Like MAINEiak stated "duck for cover"

While Gary's experience is his own, as was my experience. (No disrespect to Gary at all)

I started a thread in this forum that went on and on. "Do you need a Fuel Controller" when changing the air and exhaust. There was some great feedback on that topic.
I also went and read up on the different fuel controllers, and the feedback.

I started out just adding the S & S air cleaner, I rode the bike a little over a week with it.
The bike was doggy at low speeds, made the cold starting worse and the motor was running hotter.
So my experience was too much air getting to the motor.
I put Fuggin Fabrications fuel controller on the bike and the effect was noticed immediately. The cold start issue went away, the acceleration was back. It also appeared to run cooler.

So after that, I was convinced their product improved the performance from my change.
I then added new pipes, and this fuel controller was not setup for my specific configuration.
(It was setup and tested with the Mayhem, Viper-2, and Reaper exhaust pipes)

With the above stated, I since posted that my pipes are a slight blue color. (Behind the shields)
If you research bluing of motorcycle pipes you will find it's a result from the air-fuel mixture or timing is not right. (Not likely timing due to my changes)

Doug from Fuggin Fab PM me to let me know their controller was not tested for my pipes. He suggested making a change to the setting on the fuel controller which may help. I since made that adjustment.

So after my long response to your question. This is my experience, I would suggest you do you own research.

keep the rubber side down

·
Registered
152 Posts
Negative ghost rider, the red fury is the fastest!!! I got up to 110 mph

·
Registered
86 Posts
Black Fury is fastest for sure!!! :)

All I can say is this is my 1st cruiser so modding it I am clueless. But when doing mods to my other bikes the Power Cammander (with the right map)was like getting a whole new bike! A HUGE difference in fact and I cant believe I waited so long to get it. Also I noticed most bikes can/will lose power and can run shitty when you just add pipes. If you want better sound and dont care how your bike performs fine usually just 1 mod wont help.

My ideal set up for my other bikes were Full exhuast,Flapper mod,PowerCammander. I never messed with After Market air filters and fuel controllers so I'm lost with this.

But I would be very interested in hearing people's set up's and feed back on this kind of stuff.

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I use this forum as my research. So maybe i just need to give more info. I have the cobra exhaust now. I have been running them for about two months with no fuel controller. With just an exhaust change it runes just fine. But i will be getting the s&s intake. So now with the intake and exhaust change i now i will need a fuel controler. So...... With this setup some feed back would be great. And by the way the black ones go the fastest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
Actually, the Matte bikes are faster because of the light weight paint :cool: Gloss does not mean fast :D

Oh, I'm a believer in the Fuggin Fuel controller as I seen my bike run like crap before it was dialed in and then it ran like a champ after it was dialed in.

The Fuggin Fab guys spent a good deal of time and money with their R&D for their products. :cool:

·
Premium Member
13,709 Posts
i have the fi2000 and i dont have any trouble at all after setting it.did 2800 miles about 3 weeks ago and it ran perfect.good power in all gears.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Generally speaking I'm impressed and appreciative of the advice and feedback that people share on the forum. Today, however; I feel like I can actually contribute back to the forum, so I will.

By far the red is the fastest.. I mean really, think of all of the great things that are red:

Red Robin
Red Heads
Red Light Districts
Red Fury

All fast, some sexier than others.. but all fast.

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Generally speaking I'm impressed and appreciative of the advice and feedback that people share on the forum. Today, however; I feel like I can actually contribute back to the forum, so I will.

By far the red is the fastest.. I mean really, think of all of the great things that are red:

Red Robin
Red Heads
Red Light Districts
Red Fury

All fast, some sexier than others.. but all fast.
Scratch, you're alright.. :)
Red paint it red, there's not substitute for red.. (Sammy Hagar tune)

But let's get back to Black.. (Back in Black)
A little known fact:
The Lockheed SR-71 "Blackbird" was not only nicknamed that because of the color Black, but it was the only color that wouldn't burn off..

The Blackbird remains the fastest, highest-flying piloted jet in history

So yes, black is fastest....:D:cool::D

·
Registered
324 Posts
all you guys that claim to be the fastest, who re-mapped your stock computer to remove the 99 mph limit? :p and i'll be the first to claim the slowest fury (silver), because i like people to check out the bike :D

·
Premium Member
13,709 Posts
i agree with ogwutang,im a 62 year old fart,but when im cruisin on that fury im a good looking old fart.dont have to go fast.

·
Registered
314 Posts
How can I argue with American Aviation Engineering? I will now subscribe to wutangs, philosophy.. drive slow and look good! :cool:

Oh yeah.. I still like all the things that are RED!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Im only 28 and and the need for speed is still there at times but there is nothing like just cruising ont the fury!!

But back on topic lol.. Is there another thread about this kind of stuff because I am very curious what people have the best of luck with?

·
Registered
314 Posts
I don't know much about this. I've read a lot about this topic on this forum as well as plenty of literature elsewhere. I'm one of those guys that suffers from paralysis through analysis, but talking to people it seems that the opinions are all over the board. For me, I'm changin out my pipes soon and I plan to try it with and without the fuel controller. Someone earlier in this thread commented they've had great results with the fuggin fuel controller, I'm giving it a shot. Some people say you don't need to do anything.. I don't know. In the end I'm going to do what is recommended by the manufacture... as long as it's been supported by the user community with positive results.

The fuggin contrller has had rave reviews so I'm trying it. If it blows like a 50 cent hooker, I'll sing a different tune later..

1 - 20 of 54 Posts